At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
Volvo Commercial Vehicles Sydney West have an opportunity for a customer focused Parts Interpreter to join the Parts team at our dealership located in Blacktown, Sydney. Working in a dealership environment, your new role will see you responsible for providing an efficient aftersales service by identifying, sourcing and selling truck and bus parts to our valued customers. Reporting to the Parts Manager, this position is being offered on a permanent basis.
Apply today and join the team behind the best brands including Mack, UD and Volvo Trucks and Buses!
About the role:
- To market, source, sell and supply parts to our valued customers by timely responding to all front counter and phone enquiries
- Efficiently generate parts sales invoices and vendor purchase orders
- Establish and maintain business relationships with customers by providing an exceptional customer service experience
- Assist with parts warehousing administration including stocktake activities
- Support the Parts Manager in reconciling daily cash sales.
- Have a solid technical / mechanical understanding, with extensive automotive parts knowledge
- Possess sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experienced operating a forklift safely and posses a valid NSW Forklift Licence (FL)
- Previous work experience in a customer facing position, preferably gained within a retail/dealership environment
- A clear communicator, both written and verbal who is passionate about delivering an exceptional customer service experience
- Have an understanding of the parts inventory process
- A team player, with a flexible approach to work commitments including breakdown cover, Saturday and alternative shifts
- Possess a sense of structure with proven time management and organisation skills.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Permanent role | full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Generous parental leave program
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.