Software Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer in TechTool
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now. This will be us - your colleagues within Digital Delivery
Digital Delivery is a new function within Volvo Group Digital & IT. It has the ambition to identify and execute on new digital initiatives in tight collaboration with TD/BAs and Group Functions as well as modernize and transform our existing solutions into products and to secure agile ways of working across the whole Digital Delivery function.
Together with our digital talents, we will work on solution design and deliveries to improve business performance and create value at scale for Volvo Group. Included in our mission is to drive an efficient Volvo Group Digital & IT interface and Portfolio Management for the TD/BAs and Group Functions.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Group Digital & IT, with TD/BAs and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.Your Mission If You Accept It
- Become a recognized expert in Automation Testing and able to disseminate best practices
Nice to have
- 2+ years of work experience in Quality Assurance (Manual/Automation)
- Work Experience in Microfocus UFT /QTP
- Good understanding in SQL queries.
- Should have Good knowledge in STLC Lifecycle
- Exposure in Requirements documents, Use case documents, Feature Testing Concepts
- Experience in Postman, SOAP UI, API Testing, CI/CD/CT
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum way of working and lean concepts
- Understanding and experience with version control tools like TFS, ALM, Confluence
- Should have experience in system testing/ integration testing /regression testing, Functional, Integration and E2E testing.
- Understanding/ contribution to preparation of Test Plan and Test estimations.
- Expert in Test Case design/ execution and Defect analysis, Defect tracking/ management
- Good to have experience working with Test Automation Framework and implementation
- Analyzing Test Scenarios and design/ convert to automation scripts
Who are you?
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Should be flexible to work in Manual testing. Automotive domain experience.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps
- SAFe way of working
Are we a good match?
- Passion for engineering best practices, clean code and automating routine tasks
- Familiarity with agile environments
- Your transparency, commitment and reliability make your colleagues and customers trust you
- You are eager to learn new technologies
- You are resilient and are used to live in a changing world
- Have great design and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English is a requirement
In the Volvo Group, we have defined leadership as a set of observable behaviors that leaders exercise to achieve alignment towards our vision 2030, to better execute our strategy and for the Group to continuously renew itself to “Perform and Transform”. To reach our vision and deliver on our strong commitments, we need to pair “the will” with “the skill”. That is why our leadership principles are behavioral based. The principles Lead with Passion
, Perform with Purpose
and Transform with Vision
are our values in action, and they will strengthen our culture.
In your role as Line Manager, we expect you to develop your area of responsibility by having the ability to define the right priorities based on a customer centric mindset
. We encourage the ability to drive business forward
act upon opportunities and ideas and transform them into value (financial, cultural, or social) for others. We create an environment where of continuously improvements and learning
maximize the outcome of our work.
To achieve our goals, we collaborate
within and across teams. We empower others to grow
and create a sense of unity and trust
by nurturing open dialogues and collective work. We build a work environment where diversity
in expertise, opinion and culture is valued.
The location for the position is Bangalore, India.