Do you enjoy a sudoku with your morning coffee? Are you the one that everyone turns to for tricky KOLA documentation issues? Are you a curious and service minded team player that are using your sense of details to find the best possible solution in every case? Then you might very well be the one we are looking for!This is us, your new colleaguesProduct Structure Göteborg
is a small team of highly skilled documentation specialists, passionate about product documentation, supporting Vehicle Engineering and Vehicle Technology on documentation related topics. If there is any change performed on any of our Volvo FH, FM or FMX products, we will be involved! We use our global networks to provide the best Variant Logic and we secure that the documentation in KOLA is done according to Volvo Group PDM Logic.
With new technologies and new ways of working there is a need to adapt and keep the documentation up to date. We work together with colleagues all over Volvo Group as subject matter experts to make sure that we are aligned and well prepared for future documentation needs.This is how you could make an impact
As a Product Structure Engineer (combined Product Structure and Technical Authorization Specialist) you will be the one supporting the design engineers with their complex documentation issues as well as defining the product offering from a technical point of view for our Volvo FH, FM and FMX products.
Describing the role in more detail, you will:
Who are you?
- Provide knowledge and expertise to engineering departments on how to document Items and how to build up a correct Item to Variant Structure through day-to-day support as well as trainings
- Approve and release a correct, clear, and easily comprehensible Product Structure (review Design Change Notices in KOLA)
- Work with Technical Authorization; initiate, release and approve Authorizations and Restrictions
- Perform analysis of our product offering
- Participate in global communities and initiatives as subject matter expert, and lead and deliver on continuous improvements within the area of product documentation
To be successful in this position, you need to be service minded, analytical, have an eye for details, be well organized and have excellent communication and networking skills. We believe you are passionate about Product Documentation and sharing your knowledge. But most of all you are a true team player, and you contribute with positive attitude and good team spirit!Qualifications
Are we a perfect match?
- Engineering degree
- Very good knowledge about product documentation in KOLA and surrounding systems (or other PDM system), through previous experience from engineering, sales, manufacturing, or aftermarket
- Basic product knowledge (Volvo Trucks)
- Experience working according to agile principles
- Previous teaching experience and pedagogical skills
- Experience from different functions within Volvo Group is considered a merit
Are you as passionate about product documentation as we are? Does this sound like your next challenge? In that case, we are eager to hear from you and look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since we will review applications continuously.For further information, please contact
Lina Kollind, Manager Product Structure, +46 73 902 67 63
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.