Thermal Simulation Engineer
Electromobility, GTT BangaloreAbout the program:
: To apply rich knowledge and research mindset and empower them to build rewarding and satisfying careers in the fields of transport and infrastructure.Structure:
Paid program of nine-month durationEligibility:
PhD Scholars registered with any university in India or abroad in a relevant academic discipline, currently employed or doing projects in specifically identified areas (Currently pursuing Ph.D).Place of Work:
BangaloreThis is us, your new colleagues
We are responsible for the development transition from conventional powertrains to electromobility and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. We develop and drive the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within Volvo Group. The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
You will be part of an agile and approachable organization with skilled product teams consisting of passionate people, in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics. With us, you will have a diverse, friendly and open-minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you cannot imagine today.What will you do?
Key Responsibilities are:
- Device a thermal runaway detection strategy for early warning
- A comparative study (qualitative & quantitative evaluation) on different thermal runaway detection mechanism (voltage, current, temperature, pressure, gas, swelling, derivatives, combination etc.)
- Data driven
Required skills and experience:
- Perform calculation and simulation on Energy Storage System Battery Pack
- To be able to build CFD Models with required quality.
- Virtually verify components / systems
- Support design teams with technical know-how.
- To be proactive in the global network between CAE groups within Vehicle Engineering and Electromobility to share knowledge and method development needs / process.
- To write technical report and provide results of CFD & Thermal Analysis for input in Technical requirement, knowledge management systems, methods guideline and for technical solutions.
- To understand and apply new methods regarding calculation models, algorithms, simulation, and calculation software on projects
- Contribute in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as a theoretical expert
- Participate in FMEA activity
- Establish correlation activities to verify the CFD models
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering /Automobile Engineering / Production / Industrial Engineering
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals
- Basic understanding of various manufacturing processes, especially regarding plastics, composites, sheet metal, and porous materials
- Understanding of Material behaviour and mechanics is a must
- Knowledge of testing and validation of components and systems is a plus
- Past experience in automotive component development (either in industry or as part of academic thesis) is a plus
- Numerical simulations 1D/3D knowledge
- Experience in tools like GT-Suite, Star CCM will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of working with MATLAB, Python scripting (Good to have) & Machine Learning (Good to have)
- Assertive communication
- Attention to Detail
- Structured and analytical
- Solution oriented
- Conceptual Thinking
- Leadership mindset
- Clear & crisp in communication
- Demonstrates collaboration