Battery Cell Simulation Engineer
Energy Storage System, ElectromobilityAbout the program:
: To apply rich knowledge and research mindset and empower them to build rewarding and satisfying careers in the fields of transport and infrastructure.Structure:
Paid program of nine-month durationEligibility:
PhD Scholars registered with any university in India or abroad in a relevant academic discipline, currently employed or doing projects in specifically identified areas (Currently pursuing Ph.D).Place of Work:
Do you want to be a part of a company who is a key player within environmentally friendly transportation solutions? Take the opportunity to join Energy Storage Systems and Cell Technology in the exciting journey of this area which is changing rapidly. We are developing and creating future energy storage systems in our electric vehicles for our customers.
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to technology where customer satisfaction is one of the vital performance measurements!Who are we?
The Electromobility Department is responsible for developing electromobility solutions and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. This organization develop and drives the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within the Volvo Group. Electromobility is a growing organization in place to shape the future!
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
The battery Cell Technology team is one of the hardware groups within the ESS department and in the centre of attention when it comes to development of new energy storage systems. We have the full responsibility of the battery cell in the system. It is a global responsibility and it’s carried out in close cooperation with the global teams around the world within Volvo as well with our suppliers. Included in the team’s responsibility is also the testing and verification of the cell components to secure its high performance and long-life durability. Our working environment is highly creative with new technologies and inventions with a large network of suppliers and other external actors.What will you do?
- Device a thermal runaway detection strategy for early warning
- A comparative study (qualitative & quantitative evaluation) on different thermal runaway detection mechanism (voltage, current, temperature, pressure, gas, swelling, derivatives, combination etc.)
- Collaborate with global cross-functional teams and experts within ESS
- Development of new ESS solutions and technologies for automotive application
- Finding the best compromise between all requirements e.g., performance, cost, packaging, weight etc.
- Contact with external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers, universities etc.)
- Plan, coordinate & perform releases of technical requirements & documentation according to Volvo standards.
- Deep fundamental knowledge in analysis and design of battery components for electric vehicle applications.
- Excellent understanding of cell characteristics and electrochemistry and its consequence on complete battery systems.
- Deep knowledge in working with experimental testing in cell and/or battery lab and data analysis.
- Good experience related to Battery Safety.
- Good knowledge in regulative aspects in relation to battery systems for electric vehicles
- Holistic view
- Ability to negotiate and decide
- Excellent collaboration skills with a strong player mind-set
- M.Sc. or preferably PhD Degree in Mechanical, Thermal or Chemical Engineering