Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of our time. The Volvo Group is determined to fulfil our commitment to the goals of the Paris Agreement and lead our industry in the transformation towards net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040. This is a huge challenge for the world and for us.You want to be part of this journey? Join us & make it real!Who we are?
We are a simulation agile team with complementary skills, supporting the product development for Medium Duty engines and Axles of the Volvo Group. In practice, it means that we are responsible for the Complete Powertrain system simulation:
Here, we develop our Control Software Strategy internally. Do you have ideas? They can be implemented in a Control Software super fast!What we believe in?
- from emission level evaluation to energy efficiency analysis (CO2, NOx, …),
- from plant model development to simulation execution,
- from tool development to simulation studies,
- and from Internal Combustion Engine Vehicle to Battery Electrical Vehicle.
- Enthusiasm: we bring a sense of enthusiasm to everything we do. We embrace challenges, we ‘bite off more than we can chew’, we commit ourselves to big goals and celebrate when we achieve them.
- Team spirit: We believe that passion, trust, and teamwork can make a huge difference. We work together and, because we do, we succeed together, too. It’s all about people.
- Excellence: we don’t aim for perfection, but we always strive for excellence. Whether designing a SW strategy, or helping our teammates, we target to achieve the world-class performance worthy of a world-class company. To develop a good product, you need to use the product. Be ready to be on truck!
As part of your mission, you will contribute to system simulation activities using our Software In the Loop (SIL) and Model In the Loop (MIL) Simulation platforms for energy efficiency assessment, component dimensioning, emission level assessment, … As well as, tool development activities such as development of plant models and post processing scripts, automatic testing, …
Depending on your skills & experience, you could have the opportunity to be one of our Simulation Tool Product Owner
!Required skills and experience
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
- Educational background: Master of Science in Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical, Software or Mechanical engineering.
- Technical skills:
- Model in the Loop and Software in the Loop,
- Vehicle dynamics, physical law, energy efficiency, and Engine & EATS control
- Powertrain component knowledge (transmission, engine, motor, axles, …)
- Python, Git and Power BI are a plus.
- Experience: At least, senior experience in the simulation area or equivalent.
- Soft skills:
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Open minded and quick learner.