Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of the Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large. This is us, your new colleagues
As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
We are now looking for an Application Database Engineer
within Data Management and Operational Data Lake Group with strong database development background.The role
- As an Application Database Engineer, you will be part of a team of specialists in the Database area.
- You will be involved in managing PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Oracle Databases both on cloud AWS and on prem. This includes Daily operation, tuning, capacity planning and consolidation.
- With SQL development knowledge you will be involve new development /enhancement along with product development team and also supporting them with runtime activities
- You will be involved in discussion with the different projects regarding their needs and guide them to a suitable solution.
- You will be working together with the Domain Architect to create new solutions and secure our deliveries.
Text in short about the ideal and successful candidate, in terms of hard and soft skills, personality and qualifications needed.
What can we offer you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science with at least 8-10 years of experience in Database Administration and SQL development.
- Experience in handling PostgreSQL & MongoDB database in production. (Mandatory skill PostgreSQL at least 3 years hands-on managing PROD systems)
- Experience in Handling Oracle 19c Database in production.
- Development Experience in Database area will have added advantage.
- Experience handling database in AWS (Amazon web Services) . (Mandatory skill)
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Problem Management
- Experience in handling On-Call support (Mandatory skill)
- Good English written and verbal – communication.
You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high-performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service-based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!