Senior Durability Simulation Engineer
ESS, Electromobility, GTT Bangalore
We are currently looking for passionate engineer to join Electromobility team for Energy Storage System Battery Pack Structural Simulation & Analysis.This is us, your new colleagues.
We are responsible for the development transition from conventional powertrains to electromobility and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. We develop and drive the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within Volvo Group. The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
You will be part of an agile and approachable organization with skilled product teams consisting of passionate people, in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing, and openness are key characteristics. With us, you will have a diverse, friendly, and open-minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you cannot imagine today.Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
You have experience from the automotive industry with great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.Key Responsibilities are:
Required skills and experience:
- Perform Structural simulation & analysis on Energy Storage System Battery Pack & Battery modules
- To define durability loads and boundary conditions for components / systems and able to define CAE DVP load cases
- Perform advance level structural simulation like fatigue calculation, bolt, weld, sealant, adhesive calculation.
- Perform PSD simulations, Durability duty cycle, screw joint evaluation
- Understand loads measurement data, perform signal processing on measurement data
- To be able to mesh components with required quality
- Define requirements/ tests/ data to develop models
- Together with Mechanical component owners evaluate design depending on materials, manufacturing methods etc.
- To be proactive in the global network between CAE groups within Vehicle Engineering and Electromobility to share knowledge and method development needs / process.
- To write technical report and provide results of FEA study for input in Technical requirement, knowledge management systems, methods guideline and for technical solutions.
- To understand and apply new methods regarding calculation models, algorithms, simulation, and calculation software on projects
- Establish correlation activities to verify the FEA models
- Understand 1D and 3D CFD simulation results and colloborate for thermo-mechanical (Multipyhisics) simulations
- Master’s or above in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant fields.
- Experience in Fatigue analysis, Vibration analysis, Structural analysis preferred.
- Good theoretical knowledge on Strength of Materials, Advanced Solid Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis
- Knowledge on vehicle architecture, truck knowledge and product development knowledge
- Knowledge on Testing of battery packs, understanding of Standards & regulations for battery packs.
- Good materials knowledge and Testing of material to extract strength and fatigue properties is required
- Software skill required: ANSA, Nastran, Ansys /Abaqus, LS Dyna, Ncode
- Knowledge on optimization, Python coding and MATLAB are preferable, AI/ML knowledge.
- Strong commitment to deliver on time with consistent and strict adherence to quality.
- Be independent, pro-active and continuously strive to improve.
- Good in presentation and communication skills.
- At least 8+ years within domain in automotive industry for an OEM or a supplier
- Assertive communication
- Attention to Detail
- Structured and analytical
- Solution oriented
- Conceptual Thinking
- Leadership mindset
- Clear & crisp in communication
- Demonstrates collaboration.