Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations. Developing and coaching his team to reach the production goals, increase the flexibility and offline quality while minimizing unnecessary costs in a safe and motivating environment.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Overall responsibility for production safety, delivery, quality, cost, environmental, people and on-time performance for his department.
- Drives a culture that is focused on continuous improvement, positive morale and exceptional levels of customer service.
- Supervises and coaches teams (direct staff & support functions) in an accountable manner for meeting Manufacturing Operations goals and objectives.
- Complies with all Company and Governmental policies, rules of conduct and regulations including OSHA, safety, environmental, and health and supports team in compliance with the same.
- Manages manpower needs and concerns including but not limited to safety, ergonomics, overtime, absenteeism, discipline, and shutdown.
- Work jointly with UAW officials to achieve an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect while moving forward in the best interest of the company.
- Champions Lean activities in assigned areas of responsibility, identifying waste and promoting continuous improvement in alignment with the Volvo Production System. Advanced ability to apply various Lean tools to include coaching, root cause analysis, 4 Step Method, 5W1H, VSM, Poka Yoke, Kanban, Kaizen, Visual Management, 5S, etc. Responsible for promoting and reporting employees’ ideas and suggestions.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage change. Fosters diversity and promotes the development of direct reports through mentoring/coaching and empowerment to increase skill sets and talent levels of the team.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with partners and gains their trust and respect
- Effective Team Building and working through cross functional teams. Works within a team environment that stresses employee participation and engagement.
- Business acumen: broad based depth of knowledge and experience within Production.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot and arrive at efficient and effective solutions to supply chain and material flow challenges.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance, or ambiguity.
- Managerial courage: does not hold back anything that needs to be said. Provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Self-awareness: knows personal strenths, weakenesses and limits. Gains insights from mistakes and is open to criticism.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- Drive for Results, Priority setting and decision making. Abilty to make good, rapid decisions in a face paced environment.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Qualifications, Educational Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Manufacturing and assembly experience is a must. Experience in Automotive/Heavy Truck Manufacturing Industry desired.
- Demonstrated history in achieving production success through leading a continuous improvement culture.
- Good understanding of the commercial vehicle industry.
- 5-10 years or equivalent supervisory management experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- MBA Degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Continuous Improvement/ World Class Manufacturing knowledge.
- Manufacturing Cycle Counting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history in leading Production employees to meet business targets.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.