We are currently looking for a student to work with our Quality Assembly team (Engine, Transmission, Axles and E-Mobility). The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Quality Assembly team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers and technicians focusing on line quality improvements. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Assembly Quality Manager.
- Work with Quality Assembly team (Engine, Transmissions, Axles and E-Mobility).
- Proactively support in quality tools and methods (P-FMEA, Control Plan, Process capability, Torque and Process Audits, Quality Gates, Poka-Yoke, and others).
- Interact with factory floor personnel on Problem Solving.
- Data Analysis, reports, and follow-up.
- Apply the VPS (Volvo Production System) principles and tools.
- Participate or lead Kaizen relate to the Quality department.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard measurement tools/equipment such as wrenches, screwdrivers is a plus.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op position.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops work 40 hours per week.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The applicant must be able to use the following programs:
- Power BI knowledge
- Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Minitab, CreoView
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to new software
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.