Are you an experienced Project Manager who enjoys leading technically complex projects? Are you energized by a challenge? Do you love making a difference and have a strong passion for advancing the transportation industry?
Then this may be the perfect role for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Lead Project Manager in the Powertrain Division of Volvo, you will be working with cross functional, global teams to develop our next generation diesel powertrain.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a technical complex project and delivering an on-time product that meets the stringent demands of regulations, and even more rigorous needs of our customers.
- Providing technical project leadership to global cross-functional teams.
- Ensuring that all aspects are delivered according to QDCF targets and defined prerequisites.
- Planning, prioritizing and directing group activities.
- Reviewing and approving requests for design changes.
- Representing the company as a technical expert to customers and technical organizations.
We are seeking a highly motivated project manager who will work with cross functional teams to develop our next generation diesel powertrain.
The ideal candidate will have this background:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, Master’s degree in engineering, or a related field, preferred
- 12+ years’ experience in Project Management or a related field
- PMP certification preferred
- Knowledge of Volvo North America products and customer applications
- Proven success in Project Management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel (domestic & international), as needed
These are the Key Competencies we are looking for:
Teamwork: Building cooperation among teams and departments. Sharing information, resources, and working to achieve company goals.
Customer Focus: Understand and meet needs of the customer.
Leadership: Taking the lead to get the job done. Able to accept accountability and responsibility for both personal actions as well as actions of the group.
Employee Development: Provide coaching, mentoring and support to others to improve their professional competence.
Strategic Thinking: Understanding of how various elements are related at a higher level, as well as their impact in both the near and long term.
Planning and Organization: Ability to set a logical and disciplined structure for activities as well as utilization of resources so as to meet objectives.
Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of powertrain systems.
Initiative: Acting in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement. Taking calculated risks to persevere and achieve results.
Quality Advocate: Deliver quality for the customer as well as maintaining the organization’s vision, and quality values. This includes the fostering and continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.