We are currently looking for a co-op to work with our Public Affairs team. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of public affairs, government relations and law. As a valued member of the Public Affairs team within Volvo Group North America, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Public Policy executives, Global Regulation Specialists, and others in developing valuable resource materials to inform the company’s public policy positions. Volvo Group North America’s goal is to contribute to the co-op's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the co-op to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
Position Responsibilities :
• Research U.S. federal and state regulations and proposed bills
• Attend congressional hearings and write reports on various Public Affairs topics
• Perform other relevant tasks as needed
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Applicant should have basic knowledge of US federal and state government legislative and regulatory operation
• Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
• Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
• Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
• Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
• Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds positively to changes in direction and priorities, and accepts new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
• Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Political Science, Business, Economics, or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
• Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
• Strong communication skills.
• Valid U.S. Work authorization.
• Customer Focus
• Technical Skills
• Peer Relationships
• Integrity and Trust
• Action Oriented
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.