EPTS is a department that work with embedded software products, tools and support for factories and workshops all over the world. At EPTS we feel proud of being an enabler in connecting all the integral parts together in the truck, bus, construction equipment, or boat in order to make our customers successful, on the roads, at the construction site or at sea. We have unique knowledge within the Embedded Software area and work thoroughly with the quality of our releases, to deliver the right products to our stakeholders and end users.
Now we are opening the new department, EPTS BI, which will be responsible for helping in manufacturing processes optimization by designing and building systems for collecting, storing and analyzing data at scale in emerging technologies such as Azure cloud development and AI/ML etc.
Digitalization creates enormous data volumes, which offers opportunities for business to deliver even more value to customers in more efficient way. In Volvo one of our goals is to become a data-driven company – we encourage you to be part of this journey!
What changes we can introduce during our manufacturing process to produce trucks with higher quality while minimize the cost? E.g. How amount of fuel in tank impacts the number of warranty repairs? What adjustments on assembly line we should do to prevent future claims? How we should use AI & Machine Learning to create models as high predictive power as possible? How we should use Advanced Analytics / Analytics to guide us through the root cause analysis as well as the continuous monitoring and measuring of the production process?
As a Senior Data Engineer in our team you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the latest technology in an exciting, challenging, global environment which provides a great opportunity to develop both professionally and personally.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with users and fellow colleagues to execute Azure initiatives by analyzing and designing, building, testing, and implementing Azure solutions; and ensuring quality of the system
- Share experience and knowledge to assist in the development of recommendations and solutions that are in-line with industry best practices
- Participate in trainings to enhance your skills and abilities in Azure, including tools and best practices
- Both onetime and runtime deliveries
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in .Net programming (including scripting/coding), SQL and relational databases and application development
- Experience with Azure PaaS (essential), Data Bricks (essential), pySpark (essential), PowerShell, Micro services, No SQL DB is highly desirable
- Experience using Rest API development, .Net Unit test automation, MQ integrations
- Strong experience from working in an IT delivery organization including solid knowledge about methods used in both onetime and runtime deliveries
- Experience with process analysis, design, and implementation; business and technical requirements; problem-solving; and system(s) testing
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills
- Customer focus
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, innovative, and multi-cultural team
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.