Senior Solution Architect
GTO Powertrain Production is based on highly skilled people and great teamwork. We are a truly global organization, we rely on diversity and together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone. We are responsible for deliveries of unique and Powertrain common solutions used by GTO Powertrain Production plants and REMAN sites. We are located in Sweden, France, India, US and Brazil.
We are now looking for a Senior Solution Architect to strengthen our team, bringing expertise and skills, supporting the plants digitalization journey
Your main activities and responsibilities
As a Solution Architect, you will lead and coordinate architectural work across the different teams and deliveries. You will define and develop the strategic and tactical direction of our architecture. As part of a global organization, you will actively cooperate with various stakeholders with ease in a multi-cultural environment.
You will be involved in designing and maintaining the architecture views, models, and target architecture for the solutions and drive the work to identify and reduce the technical debt. You will align architecture with IT Security Directives and fulfill demand for information security. You will also contribute to the implementation of our solution components.
Bring in continuous improvement mindset by participation in the development of the architectural principles, processes and standards.
Ensure that IT integrations, the compatibility and interoperability across applications and modules follows guidelines stipulated by appointed architectural governance function.
Support the realization of digitalization journey and contribute in recruiting/building competent technical team within the unit towards one or more Future IT Skills - Microservices, Modern UX/UI Design, IOT, AI, DevSecOps, Cloud, Data Analytics, RPA
You will stay up-to date in architectural trends & relevant industry models and be a mentor for developers and other architects in the team.
- Strong business understanding relevant for Manufacturing domain
- Ability to work closely with business stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Independent, Self-Driven, and takes Ownership to drive deliveries.
- Multitask/Effective time management for driving activities across multiple engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and communicate effectively with business-leaders/stakeholders and IT community
- Should be able to evaluate, interpret and capture the requirements, current state architecture of the enterprise and create future state and roadmap for the future enhancements accordingly
- Experience in implementing different architectural styles like Microservices, N-tier, Event-driven, Big Data/Compute etc. and possess strong understanding of design patterns, methodologies and principles to secure architecture best practices and maintain operational excellence in Product.
- Collaborate with peer teams on responsibilities involving infrastructure, operations, enterprise architecture, information and application security, networking etc.
- Experience working with multi-vendor, multi-culture, distributed offshore and onshore development teams
- Experience in transforming legacy apps into modern intelligent apps and migrating on-premise applications to cloud
- Be able to independently analyze and resolve production problems, identify potential issues to reduce technical debt, assess alternatives as appropriate and implement long-term solutions.
- Be able to provide technical guidance and coaching to junior architects/developers in the team, review deliverables, oversee progress and ensure consistency with standards, best practices, architectural and design guidelines
- Ensure solutions meets all requirements related to quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc
- Be able to strike a balance between innovation and business and end user requirements.
- Experience in modelling and planning tools e.g Mind Manager, Mega Hopex Visio, JIRA, TFS.
- Experience in working with architecture governance while moving towards digital product orientation.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies/ ways of working, Agile tools, techniques and practices.
- Experience in cloud native development methods and technique with an ability to define technology stack targeting Microsoft Azure or AWS or OpenShift.
- Knowledge of building CI/CD pipelines, DevSecOps, setting up and managing Build and Release pipelines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft technology stack and deep understanding in .NET ( Core and Framework); MVC; ASP .Net, ORM Tools; REST / Web API; T-SQL;SQL Server; IIS;
- Strong knowledge and eagerness to stay abreast with information technology trends and emerging technologies
- Explore automation opportunities
Preferably one of the following, or equivalent:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
- A Master of Science in Engineering or Master in Administration or equivalent
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.