Within CAB design department, Geometrical Assurance Engineering (GAE) as a part of Geometrical Architecture group, is responsible for ensuring cabs and the constituting components/systems are designed to the dimensional needs to assure the aesthetical, functional and mount-ability conditions. Your position as Geometrical Assurance Engineer, performing Geometrical Assurance Engineering activities with goal to ensure the geometrical quality on the build products throughout the complete life cycle of the product.
To achieve your mission, you shall have close interactions with quality requirement engineer, design team, CAB architecture team, verification leader, project manager and suppliers.
You visit suppliers and Volvo assembly locations to validate the solutions.
This position comes under reporting structure of Group Manager - Geometrical Architecture & Platform group within CAB design department.
- The content of the role can be shortly described as:
- Establishing concepts and integrate geometry robustness in the product (robust Tolerancing at part, subassembly and assembly level) and process
- Preparing verification and geometrical adjustments for industrialization and production
- Statistical follow up for dimensional convergence during development, and stability during production phase
- Implement the complete GAE process in all the impacted areas of projects (Interior, exterior, driving & BIW)
- Deliver the prerequisites and balanced geometry in order to meet the product aesthetical, functional and Interface/Mountings demands considering technology developments, project and manufacturing requirements
- Deliver the GAE inputs to concept development during pre-study
During concept study - Evaluate alternative concepts for GAE robustness, suggest the changes in the concept, define measurement protocols for suppliers & develop physical verification plan
- Perform the GAE related master verification and physical- virtual correlation
- Ensure cross functional agreements happen and GAE deliverables are met for the entire project scope at each gate
- Analyse the conflicts with respect to demand and recommend the solutions with a QDCF mind-set
- Work on the assigned areas by performing 2D and 3D tolerance studies & optimizing the tolerances to meet the requirements
- Develop the process and tools to increase the efficiency, document the lessons learnt log for each project.
As GAE Engineer, you will be doing the following Activities in general:
- Define and maintain aesthetic gap and flush target requirements
- Analyse, Define and maintain BiW , Exterior and Interior datum targets, as per 3-2-1 principle (reference system)
- Perform tolerance calculation for BiW, Exterior and Interior – Build Tolerance simulation/analysis models in RDnT software environment
- Find solutions to deviations from tolerance calculations
- Attend project regular meetings, understand and gather necessary inputs, resolve queries - Interact closely with local and onsite GAE counterparts, Product development engineers, Studio engineers, etc
- Perform functional tolerance calculations apart from Gap and Flush area.
3. Position requirements
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical/Automobile engineering around 3 ~ 7 years of Experience within automotive domain in the area of Geometrical Assurance/Dimensional Analysis Engineering.
- Sound knowledge & application experience of GD&T – Define datum targets, apply GD&T callouts to BIW, Exterior and Interior components, assign tolerances
- Knowledge about 2D and 3D tolerance stack up & experienced in stack up calculations.
- Knowledge about Aesthetical requirements – Gap, Flush, Parallelism, Alignment.
- Automotive product development knowledge, dimensional management - Exposure to automotive interiors, exterior & BIW components.
- Awareness of manufacturing technologies, processes and achievable tolerances, Knowledge of design and manufacturing requirements & constraints on typical plastic, sheet metal and tubular components
- Knowledge of inspections fixtures, Gages, CMM measurements and methods
- Exposure to statistical analysis of the data
- Catia, RDnT/3DCS/Vis VSA or any 3D tolerance analysis software, PDM link, MS office
- Complete CAB and truck application knowledge.
- Owns skills such as Cross-functional and teamwork, Problem Solving/Decision Making.
- Team player, Customer focused and Business minded.
- Effective communication, Ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work under challenging, demanding and changing conditions.
The Engineer-Geometrical Assurance will report to the Group Manager-CAB Architecture.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.