Group Trucks Operations
The department of Group Trucks Operations (GTO) Quality & Engineering is part of a global function that develops product and process solutions, leading to operational excellence. Q&E Bangalore department consists of Technical Preparation Engineers (TPEs), Software Process Controllers (SWPC), Virtual Manufacturing Engineers (VME) and Diagnostic Engineering & Test Developers (DETD).
We are delivering manufacturing engineering solutions to product projects for different truck product classes within Volvo group. It’s a place where we learn new technologies from both vehicle engineering and manufacturing engineering.
Do you want to be a part of the transition to sustainable products? Do you have long experience of ‘Embedded systems in product development or in production environment’ and know how to contribute to a better future for the production of trucks?
In our team you will work in a creative atmosphere with Manufacturing (GTO) and Product Development (GTT) organizations.
In today’s automotive industries, the amount of software and electronics is increasing in vehicles and also in production processes. And it’s a challenge to secure good quality at the production line.
Now we are looking for an engineer who will secure good production quality for the vehicle electronics and software systems that are built by product development teams. This engineer will be located at Bangalore office and will be supporting global QE sites in DETD activities.
As a DETD, you will be responsible for the software & programmable HW production preparation and coordination of the development of the test operations. That means you are an important person and is accountable to develop and verify the test operations for our assembly line. You will be responsible to ensure that all test operation development and diagnostics activities during the product project phase are complete and there are zero defects prior to start of production.
With an efficient collaboration, you will secure that Product Development team (GTT) delivers on the project target while supporting GTO Strategic Objectives.
- You will define and develop the needed operations for the specific product based on:
- Needed electrical & electronic assembly verification
- For any new functionalities
- The manufacturing process in concerned factory
- Calibration needs
- TR’s issued by GTT or system supplier
- Legal demands
- You will create documentation and release process such as:
- Operation specification (by Visio tool)
- Variant (KML) description for developed operations
- KOLA documentation and release process
- Manufacturing Requirement specification for assigned responsibility area
- You are accountable for operation verification and release to production by performing important tasks such as:
- Manage mini factory (Lab)
- Define the needs for test activities and test objects and support the plan for methods and pre-builds
- Give specification input on tools (fixtures) need for the operation to GTO Process Engineer
- Identify product impact on Friday process and inform GTO Process or Intro Engineer
- Provide product information to Manufacturing engineering team for analyzing the impact on process solution
- Represent GTO in Design-FMEA and process FMEA
- Assure product compliance with GTO technical and strategic requirements for the project
- Set technical requirements and approve technical solutions
- Approve product structure launch into downstream systems
- Manage GTO Project Protus (PIL) reports
- Evaluate Development Loops and provide recommendation for project Gates.
We want you to have:
- BE/BTech in Electrical/Electronics engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of automotive experience from engineering or manufacturing involved in embedded software activity
- Good understanding of vehicle electronics & embedded systems knowledge
- Good knowledge of vehicle development Process
- Knowledge of the parts documentation and structuring (KOLA)
- Have personal interest in technology
- Have an open multi-cultural mind-set
- Be a network builder and have good communication skills
- Have good organizing and negotiation skill
- Be business and customer oriented
- Ability to take initiatives and lead them
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.