Do you enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders and solution provider to ensure projects and deliverables are on project targets? Would you be interested in having the opportunity to influence decisions at upper levels of management? Does being a vital part of developing sustainable solutions for the next generation of transportation excite you?
If so, we are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Greensboro, NC!
Who We Are
Our team, Vehicle Strategy & Integration for Volvo Group North America, is a customer focused team supporting vehicle engineering (electrical, chassis & complete vehicle) to deliver a strategic project for Mack and Volvo Trucks. As Project leaders we act as the focal interface from vehicle engineering to our cross-commodity stakeholders, includes marketing, operations, purchasing, legal etc. We strive to drive continuous improvement, develop people, drive team spirit with courage and uphold our high integrity.
What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be a key player in the most extensive vehicle/driveline projects for the future. You will work in close cooperation with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers to ensure the technical delivery is on target according to the project pre-requisites. The Project Manager Engineer (PME) Vehicle is responsible to lead the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features within a team of engineering and cross functional teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development work of cross functionally anchored technical solutions
- Implementing and applying development processes and best practices
- Leading the product QDCF for Vehicle Engineering and the technical deliveries
- Optimizing and consolidating the overall technical development cost and product cost.
- Establishing project time plans covering all activities needed to ensure fully verified and validated components, systems, and functions.
- Managing Vehicle Engineering project teams and presenting in Vehicle Technical meetings.
- Taking an active role in developing future ways of working in projects.
Who You Are
You are a team player interacting through a broad network, having the skills to transfer high level prerequisites into project requirements and deliverables - as well as being comfortable to communicate and report project QDCF in reference group and management teams. You can prioritize and focus the project on the main areas contributing to delivering the technical solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8 years of related experience or technical experience in transport industry
- Experience with zero emission technology preferred
- Experience with electrical architecture preferred
- Experience with agile methodology preferred
- Great work life balance
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package
- Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong paid time off benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.