Quality Engineer II
Group Trucks Operations
QUALITY ENGINEER II – CORE QUALITYOur organization:
We know deciding where to work is a major life decision. At Volvo, we take managing our talent as
seriously as we take managing our business. We encourage you to learn more about Volvo, our
strong culture, core values, passion for making the world a better place around us and our push for
innovation towards the future. If you find that you share these same beliefs, we encourage you to
discover the job opportunities that we have available for you!Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world-class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon. The
automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Growth and countless career opportunities await leaders who are willing to join our team on
this challenging journey.
We are the Heart and We keep the Heart beating. We have recently begun production of electric
driveline components in addition to developing and producing heavy-duty diesel engines,
transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Find more info here: http://www.volvogroup.com/hagerstownThis is us, your new team:
We are a team of ten Quality Engineers and Specialists, who are focused on Continuous Improvement through the lifecycle of our products. We optimize our resources by leading quality functions in new product and industrial projects, performing product audits, and are the Hagerstown contact point for our customers. We collectively focus on the Industry 4.0 journey in front of us through automation and digitalization. We are committed to making Volvo more competitive through unique and creative solutions. We build on each other’s contributions and collaborate together to make great things possible. We are nonstop working to create a work community based on trust and open dialogue. Most importantly, we love where we work, we enjoy each other, and we cannot wait to welcome a new team member!We are looking for
An experienced candidate who is able to develop positive relationships with our customers, while contributing to their success. We are seeking someone who understands the importance and the impact of quality and acts quickly to mitigate risks. This role is responsible for fostering a Continuous Improvement culture to better understand our customer needs, leading to higher customer satisfaction, and higher employee engagement. Main activities and responsibilities for this role:
Critical competencies and experience:
- Communicate with vehicle assembly plants, internal customers, and suppliers regarding Powertrain Production Quality concerns, as the representative of the Hagerstown facility.
- Coordinate and participate in problem solving teams to resolve incoming customer claims, while supporting our internal customers and suppliers.
- Analyze, prioritize, document, and follow up on any and all quality issues affecting Volvo vehicle assembly plants
- Lead problem solving efforts related to recurring production issues by utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Assist with Project and Product Audit activities, as needed
- Drive Continuous Improvement through the use of Kaizens
- Excellent communication skills to work cross-functionally with both our customers and production teams to establish a trustworthy network.
- Problem-solving expert with a strong customer focus.
- Understanding of customer impact to aid in proper decision making.
- Knowledge of lean methodology concepts and quality tools to coach and grow the competencies of production quality teams.
- Knowledge of both heavy-duty powertrain components and assembly processes.
The ideal candidate for this position has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in quality, manufacturing, engineering or technical service.About us
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations, you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.