We are looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment where you will work with a highly motivated team on extremely challenging projects. In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, the Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take product design changes and new designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
- Provides leadership for the continuous improvement and optimization of the manufacturing processes and innovative design concepts to provide best value for the investment. Identifies, defines and measures improvement opportunities for assigned projects
- Prepares and maintains Process Sheets documentation
- Ensures compliance of plant ergonomic standards for new tooling and processes
- Reviews new parts and make recommendations to standardize features, promote cost-effective zero-defect manufacturing, and improve functionality that support DFMA.
- Work closely with SPRINT super user to configure system for new processes, new parts, review material structure and create and/or update use points
- Makes critical contributions to managing and solving complex and/or large technical challenges using best practices and new perspectives
- May coordinate work of other engineers, technicians, and support staff, and monitors their progress to assure compliance
- Provides consultation on plant design, process equipment, tools, techniques, and regulations/codes
- Provides technical support on components, methods, systems and equipment
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment
- Prepares and maintains work instructions and train operators on documentation
- Ensure EH&S compliance and support culture to continuously improve Safety performance
- Implement and maintain Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) metrics for production lines
- Hands on technical knowledge of welding sheet metal and/or Body-in-White process is a plus
- Measure, calculate and evaluate cycle time, takt time and throughput of new processes/lines
- Responsible for communicate and coordinate introduction of PCRs and DCNs
- Support logistics to coordinate delivery of right part number and level material at the use point
- Establishes and maintains accurate production standards using determined time tools
- Interfaces with plant personnel to accomplish timing, manpower and production goals
- Follow up prototype builds from start to delivery to customer
- Coordinates the introduction of new product and part changes in area of responsibility, balancing work timing, processes and manpower requirements
- Collaborates with the materials organization on defining and refining material organization and placement using Lean Principles
- Must be able to apply much of the above independently, without guidance on a daily basis
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience with educational requirements
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the operation
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Ability to educate associates in the classroom and on the shop floor-educator
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.