Commercial Solution is a unit within Group IT responsible for managing the evolution of all the commercial solutions used by the truck brands and that are common for the Volvo Group.
The Volvo Trucks Aftermarket unit enables a multitude of customer services from profitable spare parts sales, reliable quality and warranty management and novel uptime services. We take pride in connecting and collaborating to deliver our services in close agile cooperation both within the Volvo Group and with our partners.
This is us, your new colleagues
Quality and Warranty is a department within Commercial Solutions at Volvo Group IT. We are responsible for providing IT solutions for Warranty and Quality Case Management. Serving every Truck Division/Business Area all over the world, our solutions engage with thousands of customers each day, each hour of the day.
This role will act in the Warranty and Service Contract area where UCHP – Unified Claim Handling Process - is the main solution. As Solution Architect for UCHP you will be responsible for the solution’s technical performance and development. It’s a financial critical system with 30.000+ users all over the world. We are now starting a modernization journey, as part of our digital transformation for UCHP, updating technology and re-structuring of the complete solution. (Migrating server, database and changing to API based services.)
We can promise some tough challenges but also a lot of fun and learnings along the way together with the very skilled and experienced UCHP team. The main sites are in Sweden and India, but we also have presence in France. Together we want to make a difference by being there for our customers providing uptime and reliable services meeting their needs. All over the world. Every day.
We are now seeking an experienced Solution Architect who will play an important role in the UCHP modernization journey going forward.
Who are you?
As a person you are a team player who sees opportunities rather than obstacles. You drive yourself and others taking lead in both continuous improvements and major steps with a structured, curious and proactive mind set. You are passionate to take on the challenges within the modernization journey, to take UCHP into the future.
Your main activities and responsibilities
As a Solution Architect, you will lead the development work within and across the different development teams. As part of a global unit you will actively cooperate with various stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
You will be involved in designing and maintaining the architecture views, models, and target architecture as well as drive the work to identify and reduce the technical debt. You will be part of the modernization projects and the architect team leading today’s maintenance and enhancements work.
- Good understanding of object-oriented concepts & design
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Experienced in Java
- Experience of relational databases and SQL
- Programming experience with analytical, design and development skills
- Front end development, Angular
- PostgreSQL knowledge
- DB2 database knowledge
- IBM WAS
- Experience of methodologies: Scrum / Agile, XP – especially refactoring, Test Driven Development
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java based applications, using RESTful API’s, Spring Framework, async-messaging and testing frameworks
- You have 3+ years of architect responsibilities
- You have proficient knowledge in solving complex queries in SQL
- You have good analytical skills and are a good problem solver
- You have experience with Jenkins, GIT and other CI/CD tools
- You have experience working with any Enterprise Application Server
- You have the ability to handle UI applications with Angular
- You have experience in any cloud service (Azure/AW)
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are customer focused with the ability to work closely with business stakeholder
- You are skilled in leading teams
- Good communication skills, in Swedish and English, both verbal and writing
Curious, and have some questions? Call me!
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Johan Grund, Department Manager, Quality and Warranty, SC Volvo Trucks Aftermarket, Commercial Solutions, + 46 0739029671
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.