- Contribute to segment strategies and segment business plan by being an active member of the global project and commodity buyer network.
- To secure that supplier selections in projects based on QDCFTSR, aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan as well as project requirements.
- Develop the Sourcing plan for components & systems according to cross functional time plans
- Manage Sourcing activities in project phase
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in the Project phase
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package.
- Execute agreements with suppliers during the production phase.
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and for aftermarket.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks
- Negotiate and secure agreement coverage for your parts in running production.
- Drive negotiations in order to find extra cost savings.
- Keep up to date with innovation in the relevant areas and secure that the Volvo Group benefits from them
- University degree, preferably in engineering or business
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Business acumen
- Problem solver with an agile way of working
- Fast learner – with a curious mindset
- Structured way of working
- Analytical skills
- Self-driving and ability to drive topics independently as well as part of a cross functional team.
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Team player
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mindset is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
- We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.