Lead the brightest brains to make a brighter world
If you’re a passionate, progressive Python expert, come and lead some of the brightest people as they search for solutions to enable a smarter, safer and more sustainable transport and infrastructure industry. At Volvo Group the future’s not just bright, it’s circular. Join us and be part of a global and diverse team with the power to reshape our industry. That way you’ll have a great time at work – and so will your grandkids.
We are experiencing the greatest shift in the history of transport and infrastructure. Tomorrow’s vehicles and construction equipment are electric, connected and autonomous, increasing safety and reducing environmental impact. With more than 1 million connected vehicles, Volvo Group is at the forefront of this evolution. Our ambition for 2030 is to be 100% safe, fossil-free and more productive, and to have 50% of revenues coming from areas other than our physical products. The shift is here, are you in? Drive our digital transformation
We are on an exciting journey within Volvo Group Digital & IT. Digital Delivery is a new function within the Volvo Group Digital & IT that aims to identify and execute on new digital initiatives and modernize existing solutions across the Volvo Group brands. With a new product-centric operating model and modern technology architecture we create digital products that are profitable, scalable and differentiated. We use a cross functional approach to work on product design and deliveries that improves business performance and creates value for the entire Volvo Group. Here you will lead a team of software engineers who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead.What you will do
As Chapter Lead Python you are a technically skilled domain expert with the additional responsibility as line manager. You will contribute to common ways of working across the Software Engineering Chapter through methods and best practices according to standards, technologies, and trends. Your main responsibility will be to lead and manage a team of Python engineers at your location.
You will work closely with stakeholders across the Volvo Group to be in line with changing business needs. You will create the right environment for your team members to develop competencies and skills, coach people, fostering an outside-in view and leveraging the network across the group.Key responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and attract a team of talented Python engineers, supporting their personal growth and challenges on assignments
- Develop and execute the competence strategy for Python engineers within your team, meeting with chapter members to discuss and drive excellence in areas such as best practices, frameworks and tools
- Manage capacity planning, ensuring short and long-term competence and capacity of the Python software engineers
- Secure external input and best practice sharing in the community
- Secure agile ways of working
- Be involved in day-to-day working in delivery or product teams or contributing to an assignment
- Balance your time between line manager and team member
You will be part of the Software Engineering Leadership Team and report to one of the Chapter Area Leads.Who are you?
You are a passionate, professional and progressive leader with eyes on the horizon and feet on the ground. You enjoy building and motivating high performing teams and actively participating in strategy and execution. You create commitment around a shared vision and objectives and act as a role model for leaders and individual engineers as we develop the Python domain and community.
You need to have several years of experience as a practitioner (SW Engineer) and be a technical expert in the Python domain. Demonstrated leadership qualities to coach people or a few years' experience of leading people, preferably in the Python Domain is also crucial. Working with agile methodologies comes naturally to you. Other skills:
Shape the world you want to live in
- Knowledge of software design and software architecture would be an asset, as well being familiar with topics such as automated deployment processes (CI/CD) and Microservices
- Experience with API, user authentication/authorization and integrations
- Unit testing, TDD
- Experience with Cloud programming and Docker containers
- Relevant University degree or similar
- Excellent proficiency in English is a requirement
With us you have the possibility to work on complex problems, leveraging new and emerging technologies to drive the transformation of an industry at global scale – and have a positive impact on society at large. We value flexibility and work-life balance and believe in an open dialogue, feedback and transparent communication. By joining us you will contribute to shaping future innovations and advancing existing breakthroughs.