Are you passionate about developing collaborations that address societal challenges and opportunities? Does working in a global team supporting initiative that have a global impact excite you?
If so, the Volvo Group Public Partnerships organization is the place for you to prosper! We are currently seeking a Senior Leader of Public Projects
to join our team in Greensboro, NC.
Read on to learn more about our world!Who We Are
Our team, Public Partnerships, is a critical part of the Volvo Group’s initiative to build the world we want to live in tomorrow. Many of today's societal challenges are expected to be solved by technology developments; therefore, Volvo Group is investing heavily in Research and Development to contribute to those solutions. To fully take advantage our investments, we work with customers, partners, authorities, and colleagues to maximize the technology development and enhance product synergies of transport and infrastructure solutions.
To gain more insight into our work and our impact, check out Volvo LIGHTS
and Volvo’s SuperTruck Concept Vehicle
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a Senior Leader of Public Projects your pursuit is to identify opportunities for public partnerships and to build and secure projects that maximize synergies and investments. You will act as a trusted ambassador for Volvo Group by interacting with a wide breadth of stakeholders including authorities, corporations, suppliers, customers, and academia.
- Secure a Volvo Group approach towards public partnership opportunities by supporting ongoing business and developing new prospects.
- Collaborate with internal business functions to drive public partnerships and project possibilities.
- Initiate, build, support, and follow up on public partnership project opportunities.
- Contribute to building and executing the public partnership strategy.
- Promote the findings and success of public projects to build Volvo Group’s reputation as an innovative technology leader.
In this role, you will report to the Director Public Partnerships, who sits in Sweden.Who You Are
You are an experienced professional with a strong understanding of public partnerships, preferably in a related technology industry. You have a genuine passion for the work you do and enjoy the opportunity to build partnerships within the industry. You view challenges as positive opportunities and face those challenges with an ambitious curiosity.
We also believe you:
- Are skilled in building networking, establishing successful relationships, negotiations and creating trust.
- Have outstanding influencing and partnering skills and ability to work in cross functional teams across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrate passion to deliver value for our customers and for society at large.
- Place an importance on personal integrity and are resilient, proactive, and responsive to ever changing context and new challenges.
- Show high energy and leadership skills, including defining and driving vision, engaging people with a strong “can-do” mentality.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience from technology product or business development in large multinational company.
- Experience driving public partnerships initiatives and projects with strong strategic capabilities and mindset.
- Knowledge of the Volvo Group, particularly in technology or the automotive industry.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health, and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here