Are you an experienced Engineer with a passion for the transportation industry? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in a collaborative, team environment? Does the opportunity to work for a company involved in implementing cutting-edge technologies excite you?
If so, Volvo has a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a Lead Product Architect to join our Vehicle Strategy Team in Greensboro, NC.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team, Vehicle Strategy, is part of the Vehicle Engineering function within Volvo Group North America. Vehicle Engineering is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.
Vehicle Strategy is made up of Vehicle Architects, Geometric Architects and Platform Architects supporting the various Volvo Truck products. The team works together to secure the vehicle packaging, and vehicle alignment with the global platform. Our team members have a wide range of expertise and work together regularly to brainstorm and share knowledge.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a Product Architect, you will play a key role in evaluating and planning major product changes across our product range that will take place over the next 3-10 years. During the early roadmap phase, you will work with our brand and strategic planning teams to understand the customer, market and regulatory needs and then utilize the vehicle engineering and technology and Platform networks to identify feasible solutions. Once prioritized you will lead an in-depth pre-study evaluating and recommending the best architecture, technical solutions and overall vehicle changes. You will need to use good communication, presentation and networking skills to explain and secure the recommended path throughout the organization both locally and globally. Once secured you will support the Epic and program team through the concept decisions to secure the optimum solutions.
Who You Are
- Learning and understanding new technologies; Then applying that knowledge and help inform others.
- Evaluating key vehicle attributes such as weight distribution, dimensions, and performance
- Evaluating high level vehicle system changes
- Working with Vehicle Architects to evaluate the optimized packaging of new components into the vehicle.
- Develop a good understanding of vehicle applications so the technical solutions we provide meet our customer's needs.
- Attending technical and cross-functional meeting forums to stay up to date with the latest developments & advocating for the best total solutions for our vehicle plans.
- Leading pre-study teams, including facilitating meetings, and networking across the organization.
- Creating and presenting technical summaries tailored for different audiences including senior management.
- Identifying the key product opportunities, challenges, and gaps that the organization needs to address.
- Evaluating high level timing based on standard time plans, technology maturity and exceptions.
- Supporting high level analogous cost estimation.
- Supporting development of the BPS, object structure, variant requests, and restrictions.
You are a skilled Engineer who enjoys being strategic and creative in solving complex challenges. You have strong communication skills and understand the importance of collaboration when working in cross-functional teams. Your effective decision-making skills help to drive results and engagement within the projects you support. You are motivated to work on big picture projects looking into the future technologies in the transportation industry.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering field
- 8-12+ Years of experience in automotive of a related field
- Experience in Product Development, Heavy Duty Truck industry
- Ability for occasional domestic and international travel (10%)
Compensation & Benefits
- Specific knowledge of the Volvo/Mack Product
- Specific knowledge of Vocational or Refuse product
- Electronic systems architecture
- Competence in Creo
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here