If you are ready for meaningful challenges, have a passion for business and customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply to become a Financial Analyst with our company. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!POSITION SUMMARY
This position provides financial support to departments within the manufacturing business area by actively working with Department Managers to guide and continuously improve our financial results. Reports to the Director of Business Control.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREDTechnical Skills:
- Assists in the analysis, investigation, and research supporting the organization's financial planning and reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing operating expenses, standard costs, project costs, and key performance indicators.
- Supports the monthly closing process.
- Participates in studies and implementation of capital investments, process improvements and other cost reduction initiatives.
- Maintains accurate fixed asset records
- Support capital acquisition business case preparation and analysis
- Administer and maintain financial controls and financial systems
- Participate in regional groups as necessary
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Training in and a basic understanding of finance and accounting topics in a manufacturing environment such as journal entries, financial statement preparation, inventory controls, cost accounting, manufacturing standards and variance analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, QlikView or other desired. Some basic programming experience with Python or similar preferred. Experience in SAP FI and Essbase also a plus.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action. Experience with Power Query or other data analytics tools beneficial.
- Planning and Organization: Anticipating and drawing inferences about the future and structuring resources and actions in a logical manner
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher - standards, and pitching in to get the job done
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Proactive problem solving and identification of improvement actions
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or similar.
- Lean Certification, MBA, CMA or CPA helpful/desirable or equivalent experience.
Mack Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V.