Job title: Truck Logistics and Engineering - Intern
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Current degree requirements:
- Studying for an engineering degree or related business degree.
- 2 yrs completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
- Academic grades on track for a first or high 2:1 on their chosen studies
Job profile & project work required:
80-85% of UK & Eire orders have customer adaptations .To allow our market greater flexibility to optimise opportunities in the factory program, this percentage needs to be reduced. Over the last 18 months the Pandemic has further highlighted this, as an area within the business where improvements can be made. Our ambitions towards sustainability and electric trucks will be positively assisted by this focus.
To date, insufficient resources have meant that the UK operations team has not been able to focus on optimising opportunities in this area, hence the creation of this new internship role.
In essence, the key project being:
- To carry out a comprehensive review & assessment of the Customer Adaptations currently used by Volvo in the UK.
- Working together with Volvo Engineering team & factory order office, combined with Homologation to deliver specific agreed actions resulting from review, including Ireland.
- Carry out a comprehensive review and Assessment of delays, missing parts and campaigns
- Working with logistics, aftermarket, dealers, engineering team , analysing the complete orderbook to agree actions which can be taken to minimise disruption.
In addition to the core project, this new role will also support the wider remit of the Logistics team, with a range of tasks to support team deliverables experience for the successful applicant.
- General assistance to other members of the team as required, in particular actions relating to program management, inventory and logistics
- Any other duties as assigned
- Team player
- High level of computer literacy, including all standard Microsoft packages.
- Excellent level of written & spoken English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to present ideas in a logical & practical manner
- High attention to detail
- Willing to travel, stay away overnight
- Have an interest in the automotive industry
- High energy levels; creative & enquiring
- Willing to learn, develop & contribute quickly
- Ability to work well under pressure & meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, along with core project, at any one time
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the group
- Current driving license
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Wir möchten Sie kennenlernen
Sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung eingereicht haben, erhalten Sie eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, Auch danach ist es immer noch möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.