Are You Looking for a Rewarding Experience? You Should Consider Joining Us this Summer!
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
Where We Live…
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself!
A Little Bit About Our Team…
The Customer Support and Training Department for Volvo Penta of the Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, product training, and customer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for authorized OEMs, power centers, dealers as well as end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of customer issues are the primary functions of this department.
Our Aftermarket team is looking for an Intern to provide support here in Chesapeake, Virginia from May 23, 2022 to August 12, 2022. This role will assist the department in ensuring company objectives and meeting year-end goals. In this role, you will be provided an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment while developing some invaluable work experience through innovative projects.
What is the Job?
- As an Intern, you will be responsible for assisting and providing support to the Technical Specialist Team. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Volvo Penta dealers in addressing product related concerns both through an electronic CRM system (Argus eService) and phone.
- Assisting Technical Specialists with basic office tasks such as data entry, analysis, and creating reports.
- Assisting with receipt and analysis of returned failed product, disassembly of engines, shipping parts and supporting service and engineering with other related projects.
- Supporting ongoing process improvement activities in preparation for future business and technology.
- As an Intern working for Volvo Penta, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
- As with all of our intern positions here in Volvo Penta, you will need an eagerness to learn, like to work independently and have a readiness for responsibility, as well as have excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook as well as database programs is required as is experience with using and running basic office equipment—phone, copier, etc.—is necessary.
- Excellent, professional communication skills—both written and oral—is needed in order to successfully communicate with both external and internal customers.
Education & Experience Must Haves:
- Must be pursuing a BS or MS in a technical field, preferably Engineering, at an accredited university and must have completed a minimum of at least 30 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship.
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in order to qualify for this position.
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after May 2022.
- Basic knowledge of marine vessels and/or marine engine packages, a plus.
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish a plus
- Able to start the internship on May 23, 2022.
- Provide your own reliable transportation to work.
Are you ready to join a team? We offer…
- Competitive, hourly compensation
- Various employee discounts
- A chance to show us what you got!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Intern with our Customer Support & Training team. We look forward to meeting you!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie kennenlernen
Sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung eingereicht haben, erhalten Sie eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, Auch danach ist es immer noch möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.