The General Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician is responsible for electro electronic maintenance and mechanical maintenance, and maintains production and quality by ensuring maximum availability, safe and efficient operation of equipment and facilities.
- Provides electro electronic maintenance and mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Prepares maintenance reports by completing the root-cause analysis methodology (EWO – Emergency Work Order tool) and Preventive Maintenance orders; works cross functionally with the maintenance and operations team to drive to the root cause of problems.
- To help develop, implement and maintain robotic programs ( basic and regular level) under the direction of BIW maintenance management
- To help develop, implement and maintain weld schedule programs under the direction of BIW maintenance management
- To help develop, implement, and maintain dispense programs ( basic and regular level) under the direction of BIW maintenance management
- To execute the adaptive feed back system in the weld controllers and maintain the systems
- Perform basic and regular trouble shooting and root cause analysis of the automation equipment and systems.
- To initiate and participate in the EWO process.
- Improve and maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules, and regulations (lockers, tools, equipment, working environment, etc.);
- To support the cross functional operations teams in maintaining and achieving KPI's
- Executes basic and regular electro electronic maintenance of Robotic, Controls and Peripherals, performing independent work; ability to make plc program modifications.
- Executes basic and regular pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical Maintenance of Robotic, Controls and Peripherals, performing independent work; performs equipment alignments, welding and fabrication as required on fixtures, tooling and racks. Performs lubrication of equipment.
- Ensures availability of machinery and equipment by completing reactive, preventive and proactive maintenance requirements following: Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMPs), One Point Lessons (OPLs), machine ledgers, use of pm calendars and other visual management tools, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and Maintenance Engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions; gives input on the improvement of the above mentioned documents, assist in the change management process of above documents. Takes part in the continuous improvement process with Kaizen and VPS initiatives and tools.
- Looks at future work to determine the material, equipment and labor requirements for execution, works with maintenance supervisors, storeroom, support functions and engineers.
- Locates sources of problems by observing the operation; listening for problems; using measuring and testing instruments; as related to condition based maintenance.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, and, replace, adjust and/or repair parts, dismantling devices; using manual tools, power tools and support equipment;
- Inform customers (Production, Logistics etc) and business partners of routine preventive and proactive maintenance techniques and needs; to guarantee proper execution;
- Conserves maintenance resources and support cost consciousness, by using equipment, tools, vehicles and supplies as needed to accomplish job results;
- Continuously improve technical knowledge by attending educational opportunities (workshop, trainings, benchmarking, 4 step method and/or others); reviewing technical publications; establishing professional network, and participate on skill tests by leadership discretion;
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating, actions, irregularities, and continuing needs, by escalating and requesting support;
- Improve and maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules, and regulations (lockers, tools, equipment, working environment, etc);
- Will be trained in Hazmat response, provides these services as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Strictly comply with all safety policy and procedures when performing any activity
- Safely and efficiently operate drill press, hydraulic press, bench grinder, cutting torch, band saw, various hand power tools, etc.
- Safely perform various maintenance activities on elevated platforms, scaffoldings and man-lifts
- Properly utilize bolt and gasket techniques including the use of torqueing and tensioning equipment as required
- Analyze and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints, piping and instrumentation diagrams and mechanical drawings to determine work procedures, materials, tools and equipment needed to troubleshoot and repair equipment problems
- Safely perform various maintenance functions in a confined space area
- Operates various hoisting and lifting devices as necessary during the installation and repair of machinery
- Operates and maintains mobile equipment
- Perform blocking and rigging as required
- Works effectively without supervision
- Communicates well with employees from all areas of the facility
- Utilize computer to perform part search, create spreadsheets, record time to job and closeout work orders
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED and 3 years experience in an industrial environment specializing in the welding of thin sheet metal.
- The ability to obtain a CWT from the AWS within one year
- The ability to obtain the ABB robot programming certification program with in 1.5 years time
- Demonstrated safety training in an industrial environment
- Proven mathematical, mechanical, electrical and technical aptitude
- Ability to work in confined spaces and wear self-contained breathing apparatus or fresh air mask
- Demonstrated experience in inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing both mechanical and electrical breakdowns with Machinery
- Comprehensive knowledge of bolting and gasket techniques and torqueing and tensioning equipment
- Proven ability to safely operate forklifts, mobile and overhead cranes, man-lifts, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts, call-ins, holidays, and overtime
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints and drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Proven ability to utilize measuring tools and leveling devices
- Basic computer skills, including utilizing a CMMS System
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow written plans and procedures
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds and climb and work from scaffolds and man-lifts of various heights
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Regular Attendance is Required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screening and drug screen
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Wir möchten Sie kennenlernen
Sobald Sie Ihre Bewerbung eingereicht haben, erhalten Sie eine E-Mail-Bestätigung, Auch danach ist es immer noch möglich, Ihr persönliches Profil zu aktualisieren.