Are you passionate about leading a team developing user interaction solutions related to Mack Trucks products and services? Does utilizing design thinking techniques while also keeping customer’s needs at the center of all activities excite you? Do you thrive in an environment of skilled professionals working toward a common goal of a better tomorrow excite you?
If so, we are seeking a Chief UX Designer to join our team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Our Team, Volvo Group Design, is a global organization of design excellence that creates superior customer value by designing appealing products with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. VGD’s expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Gothenburg, Greensboro and Lyon.What You Will be Doing
As a Chief UX Designer for Mack Trucks you interpret and define Mack UX design language and strategy, aligning brand experience design and interactions across products, services, and touchpoints along the user journey, considering a cohesive holistic experience. You will work closely with
our business and solution delivery partners, translating business, technology and customer/user requirements into value adding, delightful and brand distinct concepts, designs and solutions. While collaborating with cross functional teams as an expert on UX strategy, you ensure successful alignment between user experience and brand identity.
You will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Leading and inspiring the UX team, focusing on company goals, & understanding and delivering on the needs of key business stakeholders.
- Empowering others to do their best work through coaching and mentoring
- Researching and analyzing input from related trends and effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Acting as an expert on user experience/human machine Interaction, product message and visual brand distinction.
- Visualizing and exploring ideas for product message and create user experience concepts.
- Securing the correct visual quality of the output from the product design process in due time.
- Working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Guiding the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
- Coordinating simulations together with physical model presentations for Design Reviews
You are an experienced UX Designer and leader who has a passion for developing user interaction solutions related to products and services provided to Mack Truck customers. You enoy working cross-functionally and collobrating at a local and global level on strategy. You are keen on utilizing thinking techniques that align with the customer centric focus of Volvo.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline; Master’s Degree is preferred
- 8+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, mobile devices, telecommunications, and/or automotive
- Must have at least 3 years of team leadership experience
- Very knowledgeable of interaction design patterns and how to apply them within a variety of contexts (vehicle, mobile, web, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Suite, Sketch (Preferred), OmniGraffle, jQuery, Figma
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies Flex, Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and various other technologies a plus.
- **Must include a portfolio or portfolio link in your application**
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier