Are you an experience Engineer who is interested in an opportunity to work in the quickly evolving heavy-duty truck industry? Does the opportunity to work with a diverse and passionate team who believe that a culture of learning, mentoring, and professional growth excite you?
If so, we are seeking a Senior Systems Verification Engineer to join our team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department delivers all electrical features on Volvo and Mack trucks to the North American market. We work with diesel vehicles, electromobility products, automation, and connectivity.
The System Test team focuses on securing that the quality of our development meets our design standards and delivers to the high expectations of our customers. We want to make a difference to our customers by providing high quality and reliable products. All over the world. Every day. What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Systems Verification Engineer on the EEVC team, you will work in a simulated truck environment testing vehicle functions to requirements. You will regularly interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products. Teamwork, energy, passion, and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
Who You Are
- Leading and executing test plans and test cases and reporting test results.
- Updating testing inputs to match the product and project.
- Working hands-on with the product and retaining for product knowledge and skill development.
- Acting as the a subject matter expert in the end-to-end functions of the electrical system across our product models.
You are a skilled Engineer with a broad background including embedded systems and simulation modeling. You have strong people skills and enjoy working in a team but can also work independently to reach project objectives. You are creative and can drive new initiatives through well thought out plans and influence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer, Mechatronics or a related field
- 5-8+ years of experience in hardware or software development and testing
- Experience in the automotive, transportation or a related industry.
- Experience using Software-in-the-loop (SIL) and Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) methods to test to requirements.
- Experience or knowledge of telematics, ethernet TCP/IP protocols, Radio and Infotainment.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineer, Mechatronics or a related field
- Strong understanding of network communication protocols and configuration management
- Hands on experience with electronic test instrumentation including oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, and data loggers
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier