Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us...
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress
magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!Who Are We and Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while, and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
This is an important and challenging position and were looking for a passionate, motivated, and highly skilled individual to join our amazing team in Chesapeake, Virginia as an Application Engineer
in our Industrial Sales team. You should be someone who can work independently, and act as a strong liaison between our OEMs and Volvo Penta.A Bit About This Position
In this role, you will be working with our OEM customers in the industrial segment to determine correct the diesel engine for their application, support and advise the customer to design the engine into the machine subsequently, test the engine in the OEM equipment. Some of the key responsibilities you’ll have as an Application Engineer for the Industrial Sales team:Sales Engineering
Sales / Marketing Support
- Advise OEMs and Volvo Penta of the Americas Industrial Engine Distributors on engine application and configuration for industrial diesel engines throughout U.S. and Canada
- Work with OEMs and Sales Managers to create and own the specification in our system (ProSales)
- Recommend power system components and configuration and develop performance projections for industrial diesel installations
- Authorize unique engine equipment combinations, coordinate with Volvo Penta Sweden Manager of Sales Engineering for review and approval
- Develop installation and application methods and tools. Provide installation guidance, provide relevant technical data, and develop any needed technical documentation
- Perform formal installation reviews and provide reports for distributors and OEMs on engine installations as needed or as requested by customers
- Conduct distributor sales and application training to ensure that the sales and application performance of the distributor are in alignment and quality expected by Volvo Penta
- Work on special projects as necessary to resolve complaints and product problems
- Seek and maintain information on new technology (Electro-mobility, etc.) application engineering implementation in North America, projects with key OEM partners and Industrial team competence.
- Provide application engineering support to develop and implement plans and programs designed to meet sales goals and increase market penetration at targeted distributors and key customers
- Work closely with key decision makers at Engineering, Purchasing and Management groups within targeted industrial diesel accounts
- Attend seminars, expos and trade shows as required to provide applications support for Volvo Penta of the Americas, distributors, or OEM sales efforts
- Ensure Sales and Marketing maintains a high technical awareness of Volvo Penta products to enable correct messaging to customers and in Industry publications
- Communicate technical benefits of our products and services to OEM and distributors
Some travel (50-70%, domestic and international) may be required to help the Industrial Sales team offsite.Minimum Requirements:
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following...
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; or, equivalent of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years equivalent business experience in the field of engine sales and/or engine-related systems.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in the technical application of industrial diesel engines through OEM and distribution networks. This includes thorough technical knowledge and understanding of the application of diesel engines for generator and variable speed industrial engines—both mechanical and electrical (electronic).
- Strong background in Volvo Penta industrial engine systems is a major plus
- Lots of enthusiasm and a good attitude!
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Application Engineer
for our Industrial Sales team. We look forward to meeting you!Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V