Do you enjoy working in an agile and challenging environment with high focus on the customer? Do you want to drive changes and bring innovations in a multicultural environment? Do you embrace continuous improvements and enjoy working in teams? Are you self-driven, service minded and target oriented?
Well, then you should apply today. We at Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing are looking for a Senior Buyer in the Uptime & Adaptation team and we need you.What is our offer to you?
Volvo mission is to drive prosperity in the transport industry and one of the foundation stone is the customer success! Fulfilling customers’ demands rapidly and keep our promises by having their product up and running during its complete life cycle is exiting but might be also a true challenge. That requires a change in mindset and to be innovative, capturing creative supply solutions on the market as well as driving it together with our preferred suppliers.
Typically, we need to challenge design, conventional purchasing methods and manufacturing technologies so that customers get their product quickly after they order. To do this, we need to reinforce the cross-functional collaboration and strengthen the interaction with our key stakeholders. As such, the Senior Buyer will lead cross-functional work related to Uptime globally aiming to improve our efficiency, and/or customer success & revenue creation activities.
Are you ready to take the ride and embrace the challenge?This is your mission
As Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for a purchasing portfolio of parts delivered to Volvo warehouses globally. You will be leading the purchasing activities on your scope with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the customers maximum satisfaction.
Your main responsibilities are:
The ticket to ride
- Manage your Uptime portfolio
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers in order to secure the best QDCF-TSR performance
- Highlight improvement opportunities and drive negotiations
- Drive supply chain optimization (SCO), low performance supplier improvement activities
- Manage risk mitigation and crisis activities
- Propose resourcing activities if needed; drive activities related to the supplier switch
- Own and develop the global Segment Business Plans
- Scout and seek for the best suppliers plus bring creative and innovative solutions on this segment on the whole value chain (challenge design, sourcing & contract, procurement)
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with internal cross-functional stakeholders such as Service Market Logistics, Commodity and Project buyers, Spare Part engineering, Brands, Quality etc.
- As Senior Buyer for Uptime, be an active member or lead cross-functional continuous improvement working groups
At Volvo Group we believe in the concept ‘Hire for attitude, train for skills’. Therefore, what’s most important to get the opportunity to join us on journey is that you have ability to motivate, engage and involve others with passion for innovation. Since the job is about customer success it is also important that you have business acumen, customer focus with a holistic view and ability to communicate with facts, to sell concepts and get desired support.
An important part of this job is to develop our organization, which is why strategic ability, service minded and target oriented approach plus integrity and trust based collaborations are your strengths. You have also demonstrated perseverance, positive mindset and analytical skills.
We also believe that you have:
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if you’re curious to hear more about this opportunity:
- Master degree in Business, Engineering, supply chain or related field
- High effective written and verbal communication (English)
- Experience negotiating and interacting internally and externally
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently based on ongoing activities
Emmanuelle Jeanto, Head of Uptime Powertrain, +33 665890444Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.