Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst in Product Quality
Volvo Group Trucks Technology is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support the Quality & Customer Satisfaction team at their site in Greensboro, NC. This unique site combines Technology and Operations on one campus. We blend engineering and innovation with production and technology to develop and manufacture the heart of vehicles. Our engineering team supports the development, application and testing for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks in North America.
The Quality & Customer Satisfaction team ensures the product quality performance within a determined scope through investigating and prioritizing market product quality issues. The Senior Data Analyst secures the voice of the customer in the problem solving processes through knowledge management. This role is also responsible for achieving product quality goals and metrics for fault frequency and warranty costs.
Purpose and content of the role:
- To ensure structured data analysis on problems affecting customers, suggesting statistical analysis and IT systems to be used.
- To build predictions to forecast quality level
Responsibilities / Main tasks
- Be an expert to extract data from databases and to develop specialized statistical methodologies
- Define and use valid advanced statistical principles to analyze customer problems and factors driving them
- Develop and implement advanced methodologies to forecast product quality and reliability (short term total truck roadmap, Weibull)
- Support quality activities in solving processes and Strategic Objectives when applicable
- Support quality forecasting (Predictive failure rates, warranty or financial initiatives)
- Provide Quality performance charting/graphs to the Engineering teams for new development
- Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions and making recommendations on the most suitable models and statistical approaches.
- Creativity / Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Proficiency in personal computers and network applications and aptitude to learn new program features and application software
- Good written and verbal communication
- Organization and follow up
- Minimum BS degree in mathematics, technical, or a business related discipline with emphasis on statistical techniques. MS degree preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years work experience applying statistical principles to recognize patterns in data files
- Automotive Experience/Knowledge is a plus
Hiring timeframe December-January 2020
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.