Release Train Engineer
Take this opportunity to join the exciting journey that Volvo Group and Powertrain Engineering (PE) is embarking on! We are creating the future powertrains for our customers as well as the future working place for our employees!
This is us, your new colleagues at PE Electromobility
The Electromobility Organization is responsible for the complete development lifecycle from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. We drive the transition from conventional powertrains to electromobility and secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions.
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
You will be part of an agile and approachable organization with high speed and quality, working with skilled product teams consisting of passionate people. We work in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics. We are passionate about deploying new ways of working and focusing on continuous improvements to stay in the forefront. With us you will have a diverse, friendly and open minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you can’t imagine today.
We are now looking for a Release Train Engineer to work in Energy Storage System Agile Release Train; perhaps you are the one we are looking for? You will be the person to facilitate the Agile Release Train events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value, communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
You will work in close cooperation with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers, e.g. other Release/Solution Train Engineers in Volvo, Product Planning, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Aftermarket and Sales to secure the deliveries from our agile release train.
As Release Train Engineer, you are part of the Energy Storage System management team.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness and event by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums at the Electromobility Solution level
Who are you? Are we a perfect match?
We expect you to have a strong will to deliver results and work in teams. A positive mindset and “can do attitude” characterizes your personal profile. You understand that being accountable means driving activities where so needed to reach result.
You are comfortable in taking difficult decisions, dealing with risks and uncertainties and standing up for the values of our company. You welcome new thoughts and ideas to challenge others and yourself.
- You are holding a University Master or Bachelor degree in engineering
- You embrace agile and lean work methods
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent certification is a merit
Are you curious about this opportunity? Contact me!
Susanne Bjärsvik, Director Energy Storage System, +46 739 023844
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.