Internship - Data Scientist
IntroductionThe Volvo Financial Services (VFS) Data Science Studio (DSS) team unravels hidden insight in data through data wrangling and statistical analysis to increase profitability, customer satisfaction, develop new products or services with limited risk.
This is us, your new colleaguesDigital Solutions and IT is the engine of the Volvo Financial Services business and we continue on our strategic journey to further improve performance and to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. In this exciting environment, we are focused on Digital Innovation to meet the demands of an increasingly digitalized world. Furthermore we develop Global Platforms to enable Financial Services expansion. We explore Data Opportunities and engage Cyber security. Our 3 Global Solutions and Services teams, each focusing on a different region, take care of world class execution in the markets encompassing Demand and Projects management.
Would you just love to...?
- be mentored by a senior data scientist?
- support the business of VFS by generating insights and knowledge out of a wide range of data as e.g. vehicle, financial, customer, telematics, repair and maintenance data?
- help to curate and analyse novel data-sets, implement research ideas, build visualisation tools, and test and maintain models in production?
Are you the one?
- You have a solid background in statistics
- You have an analytical mind, you are the perfect scientist for this job
- Data? You love it! Your way of working is defined by enthusiasm and dedication
- You are eager to learn, you are hands-on and committed.
A perfect match?
- We offer you an internship of 5-6 months.
- You get some valuable work experience in a global work environment.
- You will be based in Brussels. Access is easy both with public transport and with the car (parking).
- You will work in a flexible work schedule.
- We have strong values we share, live with and experience every day.
- We offer a free lunch in our canteen.
Let's do this!
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.