Intern: Logistics Support (Summer 2020)
To support IEME on packaging instructions, follow up, and updates with Volvo CE suppliers. Duties include adding new suppliers into Volvo's returnable packaging program, material handling time studies, statistics analysis for storage space calculation, and development of Excel/MS Access databases and reports. Work integrated within material handling, purchasing, material planning and other related areas.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Follow up on suppliers compliance to packaging instructions
- Add suppliers into V-EMB program
- Develop MS Access and/or MS Excel databases and reports
- Build statistics reports/analysis on the different material handling operations (receiving, storing and material delivery)
- Time measurement for material handling operations
- Participation on Kaizen/Continuous improvement events
- Help on material handling kit cart development and building
- Update plant CAD drawings and IEME Logistics documents
- Update drawings and documents into IEME Logistics organisation
- Participate on cost deployment Kaizens supporting the IEME’s Logistics
- Support on freight costs analysis and reports for cost avoidance, process improvements
- Lean manufacturing logistics
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mathematics and Statistics or Supply Chain Management at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- MS Access and Excel expertise (database and macros)
- AutoCAD (2D) and 3D Catia V5 or Composer knowledge desirable
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.