Heavy Duty Truck Diagnostics Specialist (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Provide diagnostic and programming support to dealers, Volvo Group personnel, and select fleets (that provide warranty covered service) in order to facilitate resolution of product technical concerns for both brands (Volvo/Mack). Provide instruction, authorizations, and diagnostic time approvals for repair procedures and major component replacements. Provide specialized support for new products/features and reporting activities to engineering for containment as required.
- Provide guidance and technical support to dealer and fleet technicians regarding all facets of vehicle servicing with special emphasis on maintaining product integrity in the marketplace.
- Support all Volvo Group initiatives for both brands (Volvo/Mack) in support for the customer (core focus: vehicle uptime, fix right first time, controlling cost).
- Manage ~300 cases and ~200 inbound calls per month to closure while adhering to company and departmental policies & procedures and meeting both quality & financial targets.
- Utilize all internal systems and data warehouses required to support the repair (Common Case Management, VDA, Configurator, Impact, Parts Compass, Vehicle Inquiry, PHV, etc.).
- Manage and provide complete vehicle support required for dealers and select fleets to resolve customer issues and special requests. This will include on-call after-hours support.
- Provide authorization to repair and/or replace major components (engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.).
- Release software for programming to repair, diagnose, change functionality, etc. Update Software Configurator and/or the vehicle database to reflect the change.
- Provide customized (limited) support for specific fleets as needed.
- Provide field insight/interface to Aftermarket Engineering, Product Development and Service Engineering for development of long-term solutions to product issues.
- Work with engineering during the root cause analysis for complex product concerns to identify the causal part. Contribute toward the creation of Case Based Reasoning (CBR) solutions.
- Implement containment strategies to ensure concerns are managed and warranty costs are minimized for specific product matters.
- Collaborate with other internal organizations (Engineering, Warranty, etc.) in support of resolving cases.
- Monitor, gather and provide recommendations for issues regarding product and technical support functions that affect diagnostics, quality, literature, tooling, computer communications, etc. which need to be addressed and/or resolved.
- Input activities into Common Case Management for tracking and reporting.
- Support warranty interpretation for dealers, select fleets and aftermarket personnel to ensure repairs are completed to standard.
- Approve diagnostic time that would apply to the repair while adhering to warranty policies and procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Business and Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Computer and Phone
- Conceptual Thinking
- Information Seeking
- Initiative (self-motivated)
- Learning from Experience
- Team working
- Leadership & Facilitation
- Mechanical Function & Design
- Software Design & CAN Protocols
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology or equivalent field/technical experience (Heavy Duty Truck/Diesel).
- Master Tech Certification (current or recent) beneficial
- Ten years of experience in Heavy Duty Truck diagnostics and repair preferred
- Five or more years of experience in heavy truck electronics and engine diagnostics preferred
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills, both written and oral are required
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.