The Cost Accountant - based in Lexington, TN – is responsible for the cost of different products manufactured and assembled at the Lexington Operations site.
What is the job?
In this role, you will partner with Engineering, the Materials group and Operations to ensure the accuracy of routing, BOM, labor and OH rates. You will also make an impact on production by identifying and driving efficiency improvements in the manufacturing processes. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of operational reports for supporting business decisions
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Prepare and coordinate routings within JDE
- Coordinate BOM changes for manufacturing
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Performs time studies to ensure the accuracy of routings and BOM
- Performs analysis, forecasting, reconciliations, and journal entries related to Inventory
- Coordinates and troubleshoots transactional flows from JDE to SAP
- Supports standard costing of product (including setting standard labor and OH rates) and annual product cost roll
- Assists in cycle count program
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives
Who are you?
You are an Accounting professional with 1-3 years of experience, and you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field. You also bring strong skills in the areas of communication, analysis, problem solving and decision making. And attention to detail? Yours is impeccable!
Are you ready to join a team?
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Cost Accountant with Volvo Penta in Lexington, TN.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.