Center of Excellence Java Platform and Tools is looking for experienced IT Architect who will join our international team. Our main responsibility area is to drive GroupIT Java community towards new technologies, follow market trends and industrialize those. We need to simply know, be a role model and support others. We are covering R&D, training and support activities for both legacy and modern technologies as part of our scope.
As part of Center of Excellence you will be working on Volvo GroupIT strategic priorities with strong focus on Microsoft Azure and microservices. Exploring, supporting deliveries and sharing best practices in both areas in the form of consultancy with hand-on.
- Industrialization of Microsoft Azure services in Volvo
- Act as the contact point for the projects willing to migrate java apps to Microsoft Azure
- Prepare guidelines/documentation for hosting java apps on Microsoft Azure
- Actively follow market trends
- Act as the micro service area subject matter expert - both practical and theoretical aspects
- Suggest ideas and actively contribute in relevant Group IT communities
- Commercial experience with Microsoft Azure
- Commercial experience with microservices (internal, external communication, distributed transactions, data consistency, devops, security, observability, etc.)
- Java background
- Great presentation skills
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.