ESW Application Engineer - Vehicle Connectivity
Who are we looking for our team at Vehicle Connectivity
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about SW development?
Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap?
Would you like to have daily challenges and a seemingly infinite possibility for competence development?
Would you like to work in great teams with competent and helpful colleagues ?
You enjoy working in teams and you like to have and take responsibility.
You are committed and take a pride in delivering high quality SW.
You are a good problem solver and like to bring your tasks to closure.
You are innovative and creative and always strive for developing yourself and your competencies.
You have great communication skills, thrive in cooperation with others and also like helping others.
You like to make a difference.
You will mainly do software design but also contribute to the team in carrying out requirement and sub-system verification tasks.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Who we are at Vehicle Connectivity
The Vehicle Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the telematics solutions are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.
The Vehicle Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Vehicle Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Vehicle Connectivity develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
As a Developer you will gain a good understanding of End to End functions of Vehicle Connectivity sub-system, logical design of End to End functions and develop embedded software working in a global environment. You would make significant contribution to Global Telematics Software platform, joining a team of highly skilled and well organized product development team with colleagues in Sweden, USA, France, India and Japan.
The position holder will report to Group Manager - Software Development.
• Maintain, develop, test, document and release software solutions according to a new requirement or change request.(PMR, QJ, Work package).
• Discuss with the System Leaders/Functional Owners group to get the required specification which need to be analyzed and implemented as solutions.
• Develop embedded code in C++ language from software requirement specifications, candidates are expected to have good knowledge of C++ 11 and 14 standards.
• Perform trouble shooting in drivers, BSP, OS
• Develop unit tests, tests the software to verify functionality using testing tools
• Document the software code in order to release the software for use in the ECU.
• Follow the predetermined work processes in order to comply with the standards
• Suggest and implement improvements in the software development process/environment
• 2-6 years of experience in embedded software development using C++
• Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English
• BE/M. Tech in CSE or Electronics or Electrical Engineering
• Experienced in working with continuous integration environment using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory.
• Experienced in Linux operating system, SystemD, Kernal programming also having working knowledge with Yacto SDK.
• Knowledge of AUTOSAR and Vector tool chain Ex: GENy, Candela Studio, Configurator Pro.
• Knowledge of CAN (e.g. J1939) protocol, Canalyzer and CANOE.
GOOD TO HAVE:
• Genuine interest in Vehicle Connectivity/Telematics for Automotive domain
• Experienced in Agile/SAFe way of working in software development
• Proficiency in Microcontrollers e.g: i.MX controllers and its variants
• Someone who enjoys working in a Global Organisation with cross functional interaction
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.