Operational Control Analyst, EMEA
The Operational Control Department supports Volvo Financial Services (VFS) Mission of being the “Best Captive in Industry” by ensuring operational stability and excellence throughout the business. It provides independent and objective business control reviews, assurance activities, consulting support, fraud management and training services designed to add value, reduce operating risks and improve VFS organizations operational performance.
The wide ranging and global activities also provide a unique environment for learning and both personal & professional development.
The main responsibility of this role is to undertake operational control activities with the purpose of ensuring that the VFS organization has an effective system of (internal) control. The scope includes the following areas: VFS operational (retail and wholesale) and finance processes, legal and regulatory compliance, VFS Capital Strategies, VFS Digital Solutions & IT, and Volvo Group Internal Control standards. Should control/process gaps and/or inefficiencies be identified, the position will be involved in communicating those to the local, regional, as well as Operational Control management, and working on recommendations to remediate and improve the situation. Equally important, this also involves identifying and sharing best business practices across VFS markets and the line organizations.
In addition to the above, the role responsibilities will also include conducting monitoring and assurance activities to ensure that remediated controls are being implemented timely, and once established, operating effectively and as designed.
- Through operational control reviews, provide assurance to the VFS business that operational and financial controls are working in accordance with VFS internal control framework, and are compliant with VFS directives and Volvo Group policies / standards
- Review processes ensuring local VFS organizations operate in compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. central banks, local regulators)
- Perform root cause analysis and provide management with detailed recommendations as to how remediate deficiencies in the most effective manner
- Ascertain that implemented controls operate effectively and as intended
- Conduct specific operational reviews and ad hoc activities for appropriate VFS markets or processes as needed
- Perform ongoing follow ups as to ensure control gaps and process/control improvements identified by Operational Control, internal or external auditors, as well as other sources have been fully remediated and operate effectively
- Maintenance of the deficiency database for the region
- Identify, assess and timely report control gaps/deficiencies in the organization to the operational control and line/regional management
- Support the operational control and line management with training on internal control framework, risk mitigation, assurance activities and training on fraud & corruption risk awareness
- Support the operational control and line management in enhancing VFS operational control environment and framework
- University degree in Business Administration or Finance, or other relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in operations (e.g. credit, operations, collections, risk management) and/or accounting & finance
- Equipment finance and leasing industry experience
- Experience in internal control, audit and/or compliance would be beneficial but not critical
- High learning agility
- Ability to work independently with energetic and determined attitude
- Strong Analytical skills, attention to detail and focus on quality
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, and work effectively on multiple tasks
- Adaptability and International mindset. Willingness to work with people from different cultures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact at all levels in the organization
- Fluency in English, knowledge of any other languages (e.g. French, German, Russian) would be beneficial
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Frequent (international) travel required (30-40% of time)
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.