Intern: Mack Sales Business Control (Summer 2020)
The Business Control Marketing Internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in the accounting/finance/controlling/data science field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for the Volvo Group / Mack Trucks by working on activities and projects for Mack Business Control. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full time professionals work together on projects within their selected area of the organization. The internship allows students to integrate their accounting, finance, and information systems academic knowledge and skills with real world business processes and experiences.
The outcome is experience and growth for the intern, and process improvement / new insights into the business for management.
The internship position is for the Summer of 2020, with the intention to extend it through Fall and Spring, with limited/flexible hours to accommodate student’s college schedule.
Position Description Objective:
• Work with head of Business Control at Mack to define scope of activities and improvements that will be pursued over the internship period.
Skill Set Requirements:
• Team work and collaboration skills.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, data science/management, business or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Summer Interns are can work up to 40 hours per week.
- Strong preference for Junior/Senior students with 3.5 GPA
- Strong Preference for local candidates with college/university in the Greensboro area for the ability to get to the Mack office in the Fall/Spring semesters for limited hours as student’s schedule permits
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.