Graduate Program - Mechatronics Engineer (M/F)
You start your career in the VOLVO group by this global 12-month Program which offers a mix on-the-job learning, intensive training modules and project work. Overall, you spend 75% on the job at your home site, and 25% in international training modules in Sweden, France, India and USA.
You will have a permanent position (CDI) from day 1 and you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, international and cross-disciplinary environment.
You can find all information about this program on the following link : https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/careers/graduate-programs/engineering-graduate-program.html
Do you want to be part of a competent and passionate team within a leading company offering multiple career opportunities? Join us at Powertrain-Engineering at Lyon (Part of Volvo Group) as Mechatronics Engineer for Driveline.
WHO WE ARE?
Driveline Engineering is contributing to Volvo Group’s competitive position in the market place by developing and maintaining profitable products and product components in terms of quality, delivery, cost and function and that comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. Our scope of work includes engineering and design of Transmissions, Retarders, Power take outs and Axles for drivelines and electro-mobility systems.
- As Mechatronic Engineer, your main task is to Design technical solutions according to given prerequisites (e.g.function, style, volume, geometry, costs, quality target and regulations) in the area of mechatronics
- Leading technical development projects within driveline area handling its scope and deliveries, setting direction, defining and maintaining project plans, time plans and project costs
- Interfacing with a number of stakeholders (Operations, Purchasing, SW development teams, Product owners and other engineering and management teams), enabling proactive and constructive co-operation
- Actively work with documentation tools, updating product structure and technology roadmaps
- Being knowledgeable in medium/heavy duty driveline structure and documentation, becoming the person other areas will always refer to when required
- Being an active community member and contribute with process teams
WHO ARE YOU?
- Strong drive and energy level with courage to implement changes when needed
- Ability to create commitment and give direction as well as set and follow up clear objectives
- Communicative and with good influencing skills
- As a team member of the Driveline you are expected to enjoy working in teams as well as on your own, take responsibility, be creative and pro-active, have strong customer focus and share knowledge. You should have a drive to develop yourself as a professional and accept new challenges in our dynamic environment. An open multi-cultural mind-set is required
- To be a successful candidate, besides good technical skills, you also need to enjoy interacting with people of different backgrounds and organizational belongings and as well you must realize the importance of customers, production, and quality requirements within product development
ARE WE A PERFECT MATCH?
While the position offers interestingly complex and challenging assignments, we are also proud to be part Volvo’s world class global culture where we value knowledge, career growth, prosperity with fun loving colleagues which makes us a great place to work for.
The final step of the recruitment process will take place May 12th 2020, please save the date.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.