Group Manager - Advanced Steering Systems
Volvo Group is hiring a Group Manager for Advanced Steering Systems!
Take a moment. Look around you. What do you see?
Probably you see a screen or a computer. Maybe you see a desk or a sofa. Or perhaps you see a bus and some cars.
Now you might wonder: why are we talking about this? Well – what we want to say is that everything around you (almost), has been delivered by a truck. Amazing, right!?
We at Volvo believe in even more transports moving forward considering our growing global population, the urbanization, peoples drive for prosperity and not the least E-commerce.
We also believe that automation, electromobility and connectivity will redefine the commercial transport solutions that most of us rely on every day and that it will create real-life benefits for both our customers and the society as a whole. We are in the midst of a fundamental change.
As one of the world leaders in sustainable transport solutions and provider of engineering and technology innovations, it means great expectations but also great responsibilities.
Are you ready for it?
This is us, your new colleagues
Advanced Steering Systems is a committed and proud team located in Gothenburg.
We are a growing team of engineers with diverse backgrounds, expert skills and playful attitudes.
We are curious and inquisitive about the world around us.
We develop steering actuators and steering control software for front and rear steering systems for all truck brands in the Volvo Group. A revolutionary technical innovation we have developed recently is the Volvo Dynamic Steering. An active steering system delivering perfect stability at high speeds, effortless control at low speeds, and significantly less strain on muscles and joints for the drivers.
Our team develops technology roadmaps for new products and solutions. We are responsible for requirements, development, documentation, verification and validation of the systems in product projects as well as during maintenance phase. The team is part of an agile delivery set up according to SAFe.
In our management team for Suspensions, Axles and Steering you will find an open mind-set and value creation focus. We strongly believe that having fun at work is one important enabler for high performance. We encourage people to take ownership and to see the whole picture with both the business and customer in focus.
What will you do, as Group Manager?
Your job has two parallel and equally important responsibilities: leading people and leading technology.
- You will lead and develop the team as well as each individual in the team. This includes distributing workload, defining roles and targets plus securing that the group maintains an awareness of important technological developments, both within and outside the truck industry for concerned technology areas
- You will take an active role in the management team and drive improvements both on a team level and on an organization level. This includes yourself too, we expect you to constantly develop and improve your own ways of working
- You establish, maintain and control the team budget in order to meet yearly targets
- You interact with all concerned Volvo Group Trucks Technology sites to secure aligned roadmaps and technology deliveries
- You contribute to and drive the networks needed, i.e. globally within vehicle engineering, as well as with other functions & departments in GTT, GTO and Trucks Sales & Marketing
- You lead development of mechatronic components & control systems within the steering area and act as Agile Product Owner
- You develop the cross-functional system & component roadmaps within the area and implement them in applicable projects
- You secure deliveries of Advanced Engineering, new product projects and maintenance projects of your parts and systems
- You identify and implement best practice engineering processes
The responsibility for the job is to lead and engage a team developing new steering technologies, which is why we believe it is important that you are committed as a person and have the ability to act independently in line with the mission of the job. You should also have the drive to develop your team, the organization and yourself. You are the person who acts with a clear sense of ownership and you have strong networking- and communication skills in English.
Other key requirements:
- We also believe it is important that you have several years of leadership experience and a genuine interest in inspiring and developing people and technology.
- Experience within the areas of control system and mechatronics.
- An academic education within the engineering area.
Give us a call or send us an email, and we will gladly explain more!
Andreas Sundqvist, Global Technology Manager, +46 739021111
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.