Senior Advanced Maintenance Technician
We are currently seeking a Senior Advanced Maintenance Technician to join our high performing team in Lexington, TN. This role impacts safety, production efficiency and helps to maximize up-time by maintaining the plant building, its various systems and the tooling and equipment with it.
What is the job?
As a Senior Advanced Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity and responsibility to:
- Operate tool room equipment
- Troubleshoot computer controls on machines, tools and other plant equipment
- Weld carbon steel and braze sheet metal
- Join pipe that will carry oil, air, gasoline and water
- Spec out and write requisitions for repair material
- Communicate with service departments for repair information
- Communicate with technical representatives of various companies and government agencies
- Move hazardous materials
- Perform preventative maintenance as assigned
- Perform housekeeping of areas other than where a repair has occurred
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives
Who are you?
As a Senior Advanced Maintenance Technician, you understand the demands of role will require someone who is able to function in a flexible work schedule and work around production schedules. What does this mean? We are looking for someone who values punctuality and daily attendance and is available to work any shift.
You also have valuable skills and knowledge you bring to the job. These will include:
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Self-motivation to function to produce quality work with minimum supervision
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and function in a machine shop environment
- Ability to operate welding and steel fabrication equipment
- Knowledge of general electrical and plumbing installation and repair
- Knowledge of programmable controllers
- Knowledge of CNC equipment – to include diagnostic and repair skills
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, along with electrical and mechanical controllers
- Knowledge of heating and cooling systems, including electrical controllers, general plant maintenance and diagnostic abilities
- PLC I and PLC II training (with college credit hours) preferred, could be completed after hire if needed
- This position will also require annual RCRA and portable fire extinguisher training
Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications. Our high-performing teams are focused on innovation and continuous improvement.
We also offer:
- Health insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (Earned Time Off) plan
- 401k with matching
- Outstanding, values-driven work culture
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.