Engineering Technician 1
Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenberg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
Work within a team of technicians and test engineers to prepare, develop, instrument, & perform a variety of complete vehicle tests. This may include: mechanical labor, prototype development, installation and troubleshooting of instrumentation and sensors, setup and maintenance of test rigs, perform tests under direction of test engineer (which will include driving and travel).
- Completes workshop-related assignments to support product development validation engineering activities.
- Applies organized, systematic, and detailed mechanical methods to fulfill goals of assignment relating to vehicle components or systems. Assignments are phases of larger project or lesser complete projects that involve significant repair or modification to vehicles.
- Participates in departmental resource-planning activities.
- Maintains a well-defined relationship with engineering staff including design engineering.
- Maintain a current CDL in order to operate vehicles.
.1.Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum required High School Diploma; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is a plus. Technical school certificate is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of heavy duty truck service and diagnostic experience required.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Class A CDL required; current CDL is a plus.
- Must have strong PC skills - Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally within US
•Technical learning- has the ability and desire to learn new tools and to stay updated with the latest technological advancements in the industry.
•Learning on the fly- Learns quickly when facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner. Welcomes change, analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
•Perseverance- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish, seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
•Action oriented- gets things done, approaches tasks with end goal in mind and stays focused on completion.
•Customer focus/Is dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers.
- Basic understanding of heavy duty truck and trailer systems and functions
- Basic understanding of A/C Systems; Basic understanding of AC/DC Electrical Systems
- Needs basic understanding of Hydraulic Servo
- Basic understanding of Load cells
- Working knowledge of instrumentation
- Basic understanding of strain gauges and strain gauge techniques
- Needs to be able to identify different types of instrumentation, Have basic understanding of application, and understand function.
- Reports to
- D&R Workshop Supervisor
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.