Co-op: Electrical Engineering (Fall 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Electrics and Electronics team as a software verification engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the E&E team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with software, electrical, and mechanical engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the manager of E&E, PE North America.
- Run testing on HIL (Hardware in the loop) rigs to validate test software
- Issue written and oral reports
- Support component and system test activities
- Identify and document failures during software testing
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the company, on a limited basis and as necessary
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Performing other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Attention to detail: Must be able to run strict test cases for software and identify deviations in system responses
- Communication: Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals
- Problem solving/decision making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems
- Quality advocate: Respect for the quality process, quality values, and the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects and assigned tasks
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require student to be enrolled in an off-campus course which they receive course credit
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and NOT be enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.