Project Manager - Quality
Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by skilled co-workers? Does the chance to improve quality, develop new and advanced parts, assemblies and systems for future truck products, excite you? Would you like to help the Volvo Group achieve important goals?
Then this position is the right one for you!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will be a member of the Greensboro, NC Chassis Engineering Department. We work on product development of new heavy duty Volvo and Mack trucks. We are a team of 100+ chassis engineers who have access to global resources to resolve the daily challenges we are given to maintain our happy and satisfied customers.
You will be accountable for the cross-functional team responsible for our Quality issues (called QJs). You will introduce solutions for Quality issues in the field in the shortest possible time. This role is responsible for the Quality process from the Kick-off meeting through when the issue has been resolved and the truck is ready for market.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a cross-functional team from the project Kick-off until the Market Ready gate (introduce corrective actions in both manufacturing and aftermarket), within the targeted KPIs
- Follow the Quality process instructions and defined governance structure
- Define the Quality Issues team
- Secure the Root Cause analysis
- Secure the QDCF of the proposed solutions
- Validate Corrective Action Decisions
- Secure implementation of validated Market ready criteria
- Schedule the project’s activities and gates and delegate tasks within your team
- Request all necessary resources/competences from the Company, and from the Supplier.
- Effectively communicate, by securing all documentation related to the progress of the issue is included in the tracking system and in other necessary locations.
- Secure team deliverables according to the other company’s processes (Product Change Request, Calculation request, Review of Technical Specification, etc).
- Conduct quality activities. This includes:
- Reactive quality: support Chassis and the site in solving field quality issues
- Pro-active quality: support the use of tools in projects, raising the awareness about quality tools and methods in the Chassis community as well as contributing to Product Quality improvement initiatives.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, required. Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, preferred
- At least six years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Strong, demonstrated experience in project Management
- Experienced on Quality tools, mainly on Root Causes Analysis
- Good overall product technical knowledge in the automotive fields preferred
- Strong cross functional leadership
- Good analytical skills, well structured
- Ability to work globally and is fluent in English
- Drive to improve our products, organization, processes and himself/herself
- Communication skills: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately, and understanding and actively seeking feedback
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthright with people and problems, persisting to get the job done and managing personal responses and stress
- Teamwork: Building co-operation among individuals, departments, sharing information and resources and working to achieve group goals and results
- Business and Customer oriented mind-set: Understanding customer needs and addressing the needs to all organization stakeholders
- Leadership Abilities: Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Collaborates, Demonstrates Self Awareness, Action Oriented
WHO ARE YOU?
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a strong communicator as well as a technical leader. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can-do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that can create a successful working climate in demanding situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
If you have a strong quality mindset and enjoy leading others in solving quality problems on heavy truck chassis components then you should really consider this position.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.