Overtime after 39hours
33 days Holiday
Shift allowances and Excellent Benefits
Volvo Truck and Bus are one of the World’s leading manufacturers of commercial vehicles and due to the continued Volvo Group growth we have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and motivated HGV Technician to join the World Class Volvo team based at our Cardonald depot. At Volvo Truck and Bus we are passionate about what we do and who we are. That’s why we believe in having industry leading facilities at our Depots and why we always look for the best! Are you the best? Do you want to join the best?
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Carrying out repairs according to the manufacturer’s procedures, in a safe and responsible manner.
- Carrying out repairs in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assisting in the fault diagnosis process.
- Complying with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Working with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Complying with time recording procedures and ensure that job cards are completed accurately.
- Completing service sheets as per Volvo instructions.
- Reporting all vehicle defects to Workshop Controller.
- Road testing vehicles when required (if holder of HGV license).
- Assisting with roadside breakdowns.
What you’ll need to join the team:
- City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in heavy vehicle mechanics
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of HGV vehicles within the commercial vehicle industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work to health and safety requirements
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.