Apprentice HGV Technician
At Renault, we pride ourselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. We train our staff to the same high standards via our Technician Apprentice Programme – considered to be the best in the industry.
April 30th 2020
- 40 hours
- £ dependent on starting apprenticeship age
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Areas of responsibility include:
- To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
- Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Assist technician to carry out repairs according to Renault procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
- Learn how to use Renault special tools safely and efficiently.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Renault image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- To be able to work on developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry.
- Be willing to provide an excellent service to our customers.
- The right attitude, determination and commitment.
- If you have the desire and passion to work in the motor industry, good GCSE grades (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in Maths and Science, this could be your first step to a fantastic future in Renault.
Progression to a higher qualification.
To apply directly for suitability criteria you can also visit our Apprenticeship page and apply from there: http://www.renault-trucks.co.uk/apprenticeship-programme
You will be part of passionate teams with a global, open and collaborative mind-set. You will experience a culture that empowers people.
Renault Trucks is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under brands such as Volvo, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.